Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have it myself, but after my boyfriend started taking multivitamins and going to physical therapy, it really increased the hours of sleep he was able to achieve. Also herbs like chamomile and Valerian helped as well.

I think that this is a really good advice, therapy and vitamins, the natural way, I think it's the best solution.

Lately I have been taking Valerian Root. I heard about it on the T.V. Show Grimm. I was curious to see if it was an actual thing and it is. It knocks me out. I love it. I take it daily now.

Amitripoline I have 50 mg at night with out it I'd never sleep a wink.sure I wake up but I can get back to sleep. For the first few months I did feel like a zombie but now I don't even no I've taken it,maybe ask your Dr .its an old drug but is good.i believe there's another one call nerotripolime to

I do Yoga which is a great help for me to keep myself free from stress, eating green leafy vegetable, drinking smoothies, milk and plenty of water. Being consistent in doing all this routine despite of a hectic schedule will keep me healthy as I am now.

Life is like riding a bicyle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving -Albert Einstein

Link is not allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I take ambien, when it stops working I take xanax, when that does not work, I take both. I wouldn't advise you to though, my body is used to a lot of medication and I have a high tolerance for it. Sometimes plain old benadryl will work for some people. (that is what is in tylenol pm also). I used to take flexeril but it stopped working for me after being on it 10 years even 2 (10mg) does not work anymore.

I also take Cyclobenzaprine, but I asked my Dr to reduce the dosage because I'd rather deal with a little pain than be zonked out and foggy the next day. The 5mg plus an 800 mg Ibuprofen takes all the pain away, not just for the night, but for most of the next day as well.

I do not like taking meds at all, so I only take these meds when I can no longer bare the pain. I don't really have trouble getting to sleep, I have more of a problem sleeping too much. It's terrible getting up in the morning and I too take naps during the day if I can afford the time...and there are times that I can not afford the time, but can not function if I stay awake, therefore a nap is necessary.

I had anxiety so bad that I couldn't drive or at times even leave the house. They gave me a passing out feeling where my hearing would nearly shut off, and my vision would get blurry. My entire body even the inside of my head would have this numbing, buzzing feeling and I would have hardly any strength to walk...(jelly legs).

After having a couple of these attacks, I started having a fear of anxiety which made them happen almost from the time I woke up in the morning. I tried different meds...this was one problem I would take "any" prescription to get rid of. Xanex just made me feel limp and sleepy...the anxiety didn't go away until I was actually asleep. Then I would sleep much too long and feel miserable the next day...That prescription was not going to work out for me.

Then I tried Lorazepam 2mg, which worked for awhile, but eventually the difficulty breathing part of the anxiety pushed through the meds, so for awhile I had to deal with that part of the anxiety. When I ran out of the prescription I had another terrible attack but I didn't have anyone to drive me to my Dr's office, so I went to the nearest urgent care, which was only a few blocks away. There I ended up seeing a P.A. (Physician's Assistant) who actually took an interest in my condition. He left the room and came back with his laptop medicine book and decided to prescribe propranolol for the tightening of my chest. 10mg of that is a mere drop in the bucket compared to what actual heart patients need to take, he said it was not dangerous in the least for me and that they give it to patients for other uses as well.

That combination did the trick. I took immediately when I woke up in the morning so it would take effect early on, and I rarely had to take a second dose at night...After taking it daily for a month or so, I started to wean myself off and now have been anxiety free for 2 years. The trick for me is to keep my prescriptions coming and I always keep it in my purse so that I'm never without it. Just knowing that I have help right there in my purse keeps the anxiety away. Also, I had the lorazepam reduced to just 1mg twice per day, but never really need it twice in day. I have had maybe 10 attacks at most in 2 years and only 3 or 4 times were they severe.

I know I'm writing too much...probably nobody has made it this far down...but I just want to say that eating healthy really does make a difference. I started taking coconut oil (not from the grocery store, that's all junk) and making fruit and vegi smoothies every day along with trying to stop eating processed foods and take out. I didn't realize how good I felt until I started eating out more and reduced the frequency of making smoothies...I felt a huge difference.

Oh and to tie in my anxiety spiel...I can't take some of the meds they prescribe for fibro because anxiety is often a side effect. Cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) is something I can take and also take my anxiety meds if I have to.

I take one pill at night that helps me with the pain. Gabapentin 800MG. I almost just started talking two alleiges pills that help with my body feeling like it's on fire all the time.

When I was on Gabapentin, it worked very well for the sharp sudden nerve pains.
It also gave me a great sleep. I would still get up during the night to use the washroom, but I would fall asleep again easily.
I also felt it caused "brain fog" during the day.

I am on that now. I have a real bad problem with brain fog. But without those meds i would never be able to sleep though.

Hi Bunny!
I am 50 and have had fibro for over 20 years. Things that help me with sleep are taking a really hot bath right before bed. People get sleepy as their body temperature drops so this helps me and also helps me with RLS. I also have used benadryl but that makes me sleepy into the next day. Gabapentin helped my sleep a lot and I woke up pain free. It was awesome until I discovered I was allergic to it at a theraputic dose. UGH! I would try that though as it did work. Do not drink caffeine at all during the day. If I do, even a cup of coffee, I know I won't sleep well that night. Homeopathic remedies are great also.

To the Josh Posh Haters: It is his life and his opinion! If it works for him that is awesome! Please don't put people down on here as we are all here to help and get understanding. Haven't we been abused enough by the medical system? Let's not do that here.

All great information. Unfortunately, I've tried almost all of them (except the mega eggs and bacon LOL), to no avail. I sleep horribly for 5-6 days averaging 1-3 hours, then crash hard for 6 hours (which is a lot for me). Although, the past few months, my crash hard nights have actually hit 8, 9 and 12 hours on three occasions...Huge for me! I'm having such a hard time with fatigue lately. I just keep waiting for it to pass. I used to have more good days than I do now. Maybe once I hear from SSD. I've had a lot of anxiety waiting for their determination.......

I also agree with the hot showers before bedl! In addition to medication, I drink tart cherry juice a few hours before bed---high in natural melatonin. I also try to keep the temperature cool because I sleep better when cooler rather than hotter.

I tried 3 things after the herbal stuff, that did not work. Finally an elderly friend told me to ask for amitriptyline as it has worked for her for 30 yrs. It works really well! Only thing; I have to take it about 3 hours before I want to go to bed.

Glad I'm not alone in this I'm sooo tired I'm tired of being tired. I have to exercise often (military) and even though that drains me the pain that lingers after the fact makes it impossible. I really don't want to rely on meds but I'm at a loss I just want some rest sorry I know this iss venting more than helping, I'll trey some of the things posted on here.

Good luck Tonca. It really is frustrating. I'm now "retired" medically and can't imagine military exercise. Anxiety just thinking about it....Keep telling yourself you'll figure it out. You will. Everyone is so different in their tolerances and fibro itself that one med that works for one, may not work for another. Please keep pushing until you find one that works for you....That's my advice for the night....Good night...Hopefully sleep tight....LOL....I say that for myself... :)

So would you eat this before you went to bed at night or just anytime thru the day? I'm intrigued because without drugs, I can't fall asleep very well. And this might sound crazy, but if I'm not asleep by 11:00 I'm up all night tossing and turning. I get my best sleep from about 3:30 on but I get up at 5:00 am for work. So I would love to know when you're eating all this good stuff and how long did it take before you felt the affects?

Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back