Not open for further replies.

PennyBlacksmith

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Who here, who has been diagnosed with FM, has also had weird test results? For example, low folate, iron and other vitamins. High inflammation markers, low kidney function etc. Just curious because I was kind of diagnosed with it, but it doesn't seem to explain my test results or blood in urine for example.

Hi Penny,

Do you mean that you had weird test results, and the doctor said you have fibro?

Generally speaking, fibromyalgia won't show up in any test results at all. That said, many have fibromyalgia with co-condition(s) - meaning that there's more than one thing going on, and their doctor will need to tease everything apart to give accurate diagnoses. For sure, if you've had the results that you listed above and your doctor's just sent you home with a fibromyalgia diagnosis, then they are not doing their job correctly, and you should seek another opinion. I hope I understood your post correctly!

Thank you for your reply. Yes, these are results I have had when I get flair ups of "Fibromyalgia". I guess I was wondering if FM might account for the weird results. If not, I will definitely speak to my doctor again.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing that kind of confusion with your doctor. My understanding is that those results suggest something else entirely - really good luck getting to the bottom of it. Sending strength!

Hi. I have “normal” blood tests results but it states replete b12 and vitamin D and also just above normal level for mean concentration of heamoglobin count.

replete b12 and vitamin D and also just above normal level for mean concentration of heamoglobin count.
Well anything "just above normal level" is of course nothing to mention.
I'm not sure what "replete" means here, either there is more than enough or it's recommended to take more than enough. In both cases that wouldn't be something to worry about as opposed to "depleted".
Altho I can't find it as a definition the word does sound a bit as if it means: to counterbalance a depletion....
If that were meant:
B12 and D would be typical vitamins for us (and probably all people with chronic pain and or nerve problems) to start off with. It helps some of us quite a lot. Me not at all, but I've been taking them regularly since my first aches starting way before fibro, due to my levels being too low. The easy way is to take just any old types. Advanced versions: For B12 making sure you don't use cyano-cobalamin but 1-3 of the other 3 types and if that doesn't work get them high dosed as injections. For D using D3 in high amounts, if that doesn't work add vitamin K2, preferably in the MK7 form.

for me, i had really low Vit D and Iron - my D is up some, but trying to get it a little higher.. Iron is still problematic..
taking iron supps can lead to constipation (which is already a problem for me), so i dont take them every day... usually every other day.
i try to eat things that are high in iron, altho i dont do a lot of red meat... more poultry, fish, shrimp and the like... i also like spinach & brussel sprouts (oven roasted) as well as broccoli. =)

Thank you. I am also vegetarian which doesn’t help with the lack of iron etc but eating meat sets off my IBS. I take vitamin D and B12 but I’m going to book myself in for the B12 injection which a local chemist has started to offer for £27. I wasn’t entirely sure what replete meant as the doctor has offered no advise in that respect though I was advised to start taking vitamin D supplements. What is vitamin K helpful for?

B12 injection which a local chemist has started to offer for £27
Very interesting, hadn't heard of that. Do they inject it, too?
You can't get it in the UK I've been told, you have to order it here from Germany, maybe they do too.
I get 10x5mg methoxy-cobalamin for 30€, so one jab costs 3€, my wife stabs me with it :LOL:
So I'd be interested which form and dose yours use.
What is vitamin K helpful for?
K2 improves the bioavailability of D3, so increases the uptake.

Aaah thankyou.
l my friend actually works in the chemist and that’s how I heard about it I will get booked in and let you know the details of the injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back