Not open for further replies.

Eff2013

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
I know that I should be used to this BUT I get very frustrated when I can't pinpoint the cause of my pain. Not happy with the days I wake up with great pain and severe heaviness even though I have been doing all the right things.......pacing myself during the day, eating well, exercising, relaxing, taking my vitamins .
Sorry, just venting here. Feel free to add more. 😔

Eff2013 - I completely understand your frustration. I too often wish I knew WHY I hurt more some days than others. I often vent to my husband and at the very least venting helps ALOT emotionally. I don't post often or comment often but I read what others share and it helps to not feel alone with this "thing". I hate this "normal" but it seems like alot of people are dealing with the same thing. One thing I keep trying to do is something that I enjoy and find relaxing. I recently started playing video games. Now I am 53 and playing video games may seem silly at my age but I bought a retro system for my grand kids and enjoyed playing it with them and one day I played it by myself. It was fun and made me forget how crappy I felt for a while. I dont play it alot but enjoy it when I do :) I too have some kind of pain every day. I keep trying to find something that makes it possible to get through the day and things that help me to not focus on feeling crappy. Emotional happiness helps alot so I strive to not let myself get too down in the dumps.

Here is a great place to vent! We all understand for sure! :)

That is one of the hardest things about Fibromyalgia to adjust to. I never know how I will wake up the next morning. Now, if I seriously overdo it one day, I know I will pay for it the next. But apart from that which is obvious, there is no predicting anything.

It doesn't matter, though, what the "cause" of your pain is. The "cause", if you want to put it that way, if called fibromyalgia. Let it go at that, because you are only frustrating yourself unnecessarily.

There are a lot of things that you can do to help yourself and to make things better to whatever degree your success is. But there's no way to plan something in advance and be certain that on that day you will be able to do it. I just live my life accordingly. I make plans (well, I used to, anyway, before the plague hit and plans became basically impossible to make more than a short time in the future), and then I cross my fingers that when the time comes I will be able to do it.

I had a partner who wouldn't adjust to that. Kept getting angry and abusive to me when it was necessary for me to change plans. After going along with something too often when I knew I couldn't manage it in order to avoid rage, and ending up in worse shape and often with my companion getting even more furious with me for fading out in the middle of something, or becoming unable to walk, I realized that I was with an abuser and got rid of that relationship.

I have found that my true friends, the people who actually care about me as a person, never get upset and are instead concerned about me. And we simply make the plans for another time.

So....just live as best you can and learn to roll with the punches. Not much else we can do.

sjbrown, Yes I totally agree with you, it is very beneficial to do something we enjoy and also find relaxing. I absolutely love that you recently started playing video games. Wow, I wouldn't know where to start! It sounds like fun though. Doing something that takes the focus away from our pain has to be good for us.
And I must add here that we are never too old to participate in games.☺️(I am in the same age group as you).
My distraction is my beautiful garden. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching my plants mature and grow. That is my saving place.🌹
Winter is finally over and I'm hoping to spend as much time in my garden as I can. I won't be able to do as much as before but it still gives me pleasure never the less.
Your post put a smile on my face today.☺️ Thank you.

So true and wise Sunkacola, no matter which way we look at it and no matter what the cause of it is, it is called "FIBROMYALGIA". I am trying really hard (most days) not to let "it" frustrate me because I know that by doing so I am causing myself more harm than good.
"We need to learn to roll with the punches". Love that saying!
Hope you are having a good day today. ☺️🤗

Reactions: RLG
Yesterday was a pain day for me, too--ugh. It really does seem to have a mind of it's own, which so easily lends itself to me feeling not in control. I am not a control freak by any means, near death experience tends to reteach a person to just let go of their control issues (at least for me it did.) But living with the knowledge that the 'rug can be pulled' anytime without obvious reason feels really dysfunctional to me, too. I plan ahead, consider possibilities and don't like having to stop in the middle or struggle to get started. Does that make sense?

@sjbrown I love that you play games!! Life is short and should be FUN. Play on, sj, find your happy and have fun with it!

@sunkacola I am glad you took control of your physical and emotional well being. Our loved ones are living with our journey of health and wellness with us and I know beyond doubt I wouldn't have made it this far without loving, supportive, understanding people around me. You deserve love!

@Eff2013 Sorry you are struggling. Every day is a new day. it really does help me to know that others are dealing with similar issues, because alone is never a good place to be with pain. It seems like a very fine line most of the pain between doing too much, or not doing ENOUGH. My pain yesterday was because I didn't do enough exercise last week--which was because I worked too much the 10 days before that. Round and round it goes.

I never post either but I read all of the comments. I have been dealing with this for about 20 years. I'm on no medication. Yes, it's so true, I never know how I will wake up the following morning. I ache everyday but I just deal with it. It is definitely a normal you don't get use too. Venting helps, and seeing how everyone else in this group copes helps a lot.

So true and wise Sunkacola, no matter which way we look at it and no matter what the cause of it is, it is called "FIBROMYALGIA". I am trying really hard (most days) not to let "it" frustrate me because I know that by doing so I am causing myself more harm than good.
"We need to learn to roll with the punches". Love that saying!
Hope you are having a good day today. ☺️🤗

are you still undiagnosed eff2013? sorry for asking that question, but im just curious because i am experiencing back pain and occasional jaw pain and shoulder and chest pain... and i too am undiagnosed

@sunkacola I am glad you took control of your physical and emotional well being.

Just making myself clear, here. I never have said, nor would I ever say, that I have "taken control" of my physical and emotional well being. If I actually had control, I would be happy all the time and have no pain!! So, obviously, I am not in control. No one can be in control of their health, either physical or emotional.

What you may be able to do is make choices and actions that are more likely to help you than other choices or actions. That is what my advice post is about. But not everyone can manage to do all of those things, or even any one of them. What an individual is capable of doing is always different and always changing and even that ability is not under our control.

Every one of us has decided to do something, intended to do it, put effort into doing it, and not managed to do it for any of a million different reasons. There's no such thing as control over our lives, and I personally think that to try to control things is not a productive or healthy approach, especially for those of us with a chronic debilitating condition. Since such control is impossible, it only leads to frustration and worse.

The best thing we can do is learn to live with it. Do the things you can do on any given day that are likely to help rather than hurt. Don't blame yourself if you don't succeed at what you attempt. If it's important or you think it will help, just try again. Do your best to support your mind's and body's health with the things that help and avoid the things that are unhealthy. What you can do is different every day. Accept today, and then accept tomorrow.

Hi Strawberry1211, sorry for the late reply. I have been diagnosed recently during the current lockdown. My consultation was with a rheumatologist over the phone. This was all done after a lot of blood tests. They ruled out Lupus and all other autoimmune diseases.
So basically by ruling out all other possible reasons for my many symptoms the diagnosis was made. The rheumatologist used the term Central Sensitisation Syndrome. Also I have to add that this was not the first time I had blood works. I have been seeing doctors since 2013 and no one was able to say what was wrong with me.
Have you seen a doctor for your jaw, shoulder, chest and back pain? These might all be related or just separate issues.
Hope I answered your question. As for me I still have my good days and my very bad days. I focus on trying to eat well as much as possible because I feel that for me diet is very important. I also try to pace myself and not overdo things. 🌹 🍓

I have nothing much to say that's probably going to make you feel any better, but you are one brave soul. It's hard to tell when will be the good days and when will be bad. All we can do is deal with the present. We are chosen to deal with our hardships because we are strong, stronger than we think. Keep fighting and know that better days will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back