Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Most mornings I manage to get out of bed by 10:00 am but only make it from the bed to my recliner where I sit and rest until I have the energy to fix myself a bagel and a glass of tea. I will either watch TV or read or play on my laptop for several hours. Then I will get up and make the bed then back to the chair. I will try to get out of the house once or twice a week but if I don't leave the house that day I usually don't bother to shower or get dressed. My husband is very patient with me and does all the heavy work. I try to make simple dishes for supper and my husband puts the dishes in the dishwasher. He takes care of the groceries and the animals.usually I am back in bed by 6:00 but do manage to do a few things in the evening. Does anyone else have such a pathetic life? I feel like half the wife and helpmate that I once was. I am almost 60 and have been blessed to have the same man by my side for44 years.

Hi Krista! Well, none of my days are exactly the same, every week is different actually, some weeks seem to be bad, but others almost normal! There are day I almost feel like there is nothing wrong, but then there are days I wake up to a really rude awakening. I spend a lot time at home, I get up, work on the PC for some hours, make lunch (3 times a week), then get on the bed, work on the PC a bit, watch tv, go for a walk, shower, watch TV again and work a bit more on the PC. After that I go to bed! I get out of the house once a week or so... not as boring as it sounds tho.

I think that a good day it would be a day closer to normality, a day with little pain when we can do the tasks we want and actually enjoy ourselves.

every day is different. Some days I feel well and can be fairly productive, other days not so much. Not sure what a "normal" days feels like anymore.

A good day is a day that is difficult to come by, but it is a day where the symptoms do not show off, a day when the symptoms are really down, less of everything, that is what a good day is .

every day is different. Some days I feel well and can be fairly productive, other days not so much. Not sure what a "normal" days feels like anymore.

Same here, Mike! Sometimes I wonder what those people who don't have fibro feel like on a any given day? Do they feel pain free or they have aches here and there too?! What make us so different!? I bet there are a lot people out there who don't even know they have fibro, and blame their aches on the weather or their age...

A good day for me is one with no flares. I typically have 3-4 hours in the am to attempt housework, cooking and exercise. I wake at 6 to be able to function by 8. After lunch I nap. Afternoons are for more sedentary activities. Then a walk with my 18 month old granddaughter. I usually get dinner prepped before my nap so dinner time is easier. After dinner I drive to my sister's or my mom's (1/4 mile uphill) for a visit. Lights out at 9 hoping I get 2 or 3 chunks of sleep.

We all seem to be unified that each day is different, as well as knowing many things in common we do to help. I like the napping sometimes I have no choice just drop off. Then at night can't fall asleep if my life depended on it.
My pain has progressivist gotten worse over the years as other immune diseases pop up.
I try to take one day at a time. So,many days are different. This winter cold weather really effects my FM.
As most of us are familiar with triggers that start flares, taking precautions is a big help in my case. Some days as other expressed its a struggle.
Learning to do daily tasks differently being mindful of my movements and tasks along with my knowing my limitations. Warming up before staring tasks and a bit of exercise what I can do from day to day.

Most of us have really low energy levels, depression and pain which usually leads to a vicious circle. My daily goal is to break that circle. Juggling meds, advice , exercise, PT, & supplements is really a challenge. I have had FM for many years and after taking supplements, antidepressants and meds it's taken time to find the combination that works. I know that I have been angry & frustrated for many years until I finally just accepted the old life I had grieved for long enough. It's time to move on accept this illness that's so unforgiving & letting go of the anger & the frustration. This helped me to open up the doors to stay calm, relaxed and monitor my symptoms .its a new life now and I can live with the fact . We all all have issues to deal with. I'm just learning how to cutting out the stress.stress is a biggie for FM in many cases.

Hoping u all have a good Day!

I agree with everyone every day is different at the moment my life sounds like yours no energy from the bed to the lounge and on a better day I can water the plants I haven't been able to make tea I'm on a special diet so I have had to pay someone to come n and make my meals my husband makes his own I'm hoping I will improve I really don't want to stay like this Hang in there

Hi Neen,

What type of a diet are u on? I hope it's helping. Many go on the Paleo diet, only whole grains fruits and fresh veggies, fish.
Also thre are many food that are anti inflammatory like brussels sprouts ,broccoli, and the list whole is online.

Gee I wish I could get a cook to come in and fix my meals. It's so exhausting. I take two Excredrin and drink coffee to fix meals. I have zero

Energy most days.

SHADES

Every day is different.

I would recommend that each of you eat some protein with breakfast. A bagel and tea has no protein unless you are eating some nut butter on it and then it is minimal. Try some Greek yogurt with the bagel. It will give you more energy. Eat protein throughout the day along with healthy carbs, fresh and frozen fruit. and good fat like avacados and walnuts.

a good day is when there are little to no symptoms, I love days like that, I can always tell when I first wake up in the morning I move really easy with no stiffness. The problem with good days is I want to do everything, and end up paying for it the next couple of days. So when I have good days I try to relax and do things slow.

I'm amazed at the similarities with some of you on your normal days. It's like someone is looking at me and describing my life. I have had to force myself to get myself up at 8:00 a.m. to drive my daughter to school. Most days I have to go back to bed when I get back and I'll sleep or just lay there for hours. I eat my Greek yogurt, chocolate/hazelnut Atkins bar and drink a cup of coffee. I sometimes watch tv, play on the computer or read and try to do a few chores. Many times I just don't have the energy to do anything so I just putter on the computer on the couch.

I just bought some 10-minute workout DVDs. I'm going to try and add some exercise into my daily routine. The set-up is pretty cool. It gives a weekly schedule for the various workouts. If you get to a point where you are able to do 20 minutes, it suggests two different workouts each day and also a 90-minute (3 different workouts) workout each day. I know it's going to be a struggle but I'm going to try and do it every day during the week. No promises on the weekend.

A good day for me was yesterday! First in a while. I stayed up after dropping my daughter off at school. Got the laundry caught up, changed the sheets, cleaned the bathroom and felt absolutely awesome! I don't get many of those. The next time, I've decided I'm going to actually do something fun!

Last edited:
It is such a pain (pun not intended). To never know how your going to feel from one day to the next. Do you do a bunch of stuff or do you lay low and enjoy a day with little to no pain? Hopefully we will all be pain free some days.

I rarely lay low and enjoy a day if it's pain-free. Mainly because I don't get many and I'm always so far behind in everything. Example, today. I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish. Woke up feeling like poo. Extremely fatigued. I ended up going back to lay down around 2:00 p.m. and just played on my phone. I knew I couldn't sleep, but couldn't sit up any longer and as for the list? Hopefully tomorrow.... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back