Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
FL
Hello all!! I am thankful for a place to have som new friends and their points of view at this time! Xo I am 47, perimenapuse and seemed to have all these things happen at that time! First, I developed foot pain after hurting both my feet walking treadmills in wrong shoes! Been told plantar fasciitis, bursitis and a foot surgeon who was rude to my twin sister who came along with me and was told i am undiagnosable! Pins n needles, pain and feet turn pink n throb standing in one spot few min! After 6mo, my arms felt week holding them up doing my yoga!! Then pain in upperarms, muscle and tissue lasted forever. Took cbd oil n helped but not my feet. Then started feelin week legs, knees tho, figurd its cuz i didnt walk much cuza my foot issue and I weekend them but that wouldnt explain my arm weakness! Fast forward one yr and a half and now when trying to sit on floor and get into a yoga routine, my legs felt SO WEAK when standin up! Then day later, felt week gettin up from sofa! Went to Rhum dr and he said blood fine n showed no inflammation in muscles and MAYBE its fibro and goto a neurol! Im scared feelin this way! I dont know why after a little walk up my stairs, next day legs feel heavy, kinda numb but not really and weak gettin up from couch. Then, Other day I yawned real exxagerated like and felt pain in my face. Like the cheekbones, chin etc. I did yawn again wondering why i felt that and felt it again. Now 5days later, still feel pain in my face even touching it. Plz reply if u have any words 4me! I am lil scared feelin all these things.Xo, me.

Hi. I am new here, too. I think we can all understand your fear, we've all been there. Don't be afraid. It may take time but you will find answers. You mentioned being told to see a neurologist, have you done that? The pain in your face, where is it located? Near the jaw? Under the chin? Does it feel tender or painful on the bottom of the back side of skull? Your feet, where is that pain? Do your heels/achilles tendons hurt? Do you have dizziness? Did they check your blood pressure? Hang in there. Make good use of the search box on this site (top right area). There is so much great information collected here from years of other member's discussions.

Hi, I was just wondering how you are doing today and wanted to check on you. Have you done any more reading through older posts on this site? I have spent a lot of time looking through old topics and discussions here, it helps me. Take care.

Im scared to death right now. Last few days i went to the e.r. and they did nothing. Im tryin to get into neur.atm. within days my legs and now arms are limp feelin. Heavy n weak to even pick up my phone! Whatdahekkkkk. Im afraid cuz each day its worse. Few wks ago when i had this in my legs, it got better ina week but now its worse everyday and my arms are now included. Thx 4 askin bout me.

To:
Hopefullyyours
Have you talked to your reg doctor about looking into a PT licensed. I have and the pain almost went away.
I have went to a really great PT. There was exerzices that really help me. I started in the end of October 2019 and
slowly felling much better about in June 2020. Once you start please keep going do not stop. See your reg doctor and
see if you can get in. I really hope this will help you out. Please keep in touch.

Hi - yeah I know a lot of this, just you haven't mentioned stiffness, isn't that part of it, too?
Not sure about pain in your face - mine came (mainly?) from 2 tooth inflammations, altho I thought it was psychosomatic, neuralgy or fibro, lol.
And the whole thing scares how quick it comes and changes us at the onset, but if its fibro from then on you get used to it somehow,
learn to judge max & minimum and how to keep under the pain limits better. But if it carries on getting worse a neurologist should find sth.
I like your exact questions, RLG: Thinking like that has helped me get a lot of the sharper pains under control or gone.
Thanks RLG for reminding me to not just look and answer new posts...
Physiotherapy has btw mostly not helped me, I need very gentle osteopathy, acupressure & exercises to reduce the pains and above all
cold barrel therapy (-120°C/-190°F 3mins 4x/week), alternatively short cold showers, to reduce the aches for a few hours, sometimes longer.
Keep going...!

To:
Hopefullyyours
I think there is a shot answer to the weak mussels. I have FB. I had went to my doctor and wanted
me go to the PT to have me do exercises. Form end of October of 2019 into September of 2020.
The pain had really or almost went away. I had got to the point i for got about the exercises. But i will say
this will take some time. When you get a license PT and a very good one please do not give up. I know
you can do this. Do not give up at all. Thank you and please let us know what happens.
t

Thank u!!! But really not much pain, its major weakness primarly in limbs that doesnt get better with rest!! Ughhh

I just started going to a PT and I can agree with Gary's suggestion. The muscle weakness is something I can totally relate to, and it is scary, because as I exercise I think I should be getting stronger, not weaker!

I did go to the PT for pain but I think that the weakness is reason to go, too, as it is something I experience as well. The PT explains to me that our muscles sometimes get caught in a loop of contraction and so they are always kind of working and then when you want to use them for something they are unresponsive because they are already contracting and cannot respond to the job you want them to do adequately. She is releasing these muscles for me and also giving me exercises to rebuild my strength and retrain my muscles to function properly again. It seems like a lot of work but what other options are there? And I am glad to see this has been working for Gary, too, as it gives me more hope that I am on the right track.

I have tried the approach of resting and it has never helped me with this issue, instead I feel it only made me weaker as my muscles atrophied while I was trying to recover through long term rest. I think figuring out how to move better has to be the solution, at least for me at this point.

Reactions: RLG
I have tried the approach of resting and it has never helped me with this issue, instead I feel it only made me weaker as my muscles atrophied while I was trying to recover through long term rest. I think figuring out how to move better has to be the solution, at least for me at this point.
I agree with this. If your muscles feel weak, the only thing to do is strengthen them. If you don't they will only get worse and worse. I know that sounds crazy.....like, how am I going to exercise when I feel so weak and painful? That's what I said for a long time. but when I changed course and started exercising....a tiny bit at a time, building up extremely gradually.....that is what made the difference. I am still not as strong as I used to be and am resigning myself to the fact that I won't ever be, but I am a lot stronger and healthier for moving my body.

But my emg showed normal muscle strength not probs wirh my my muscles so i am confused with what u are saying bout them needing to. Be strengthened? I do appreciate ur help all of u!! And what did u get told for diagnosis

If your muscles are weak, and you cannot use them as you want to, then they need to be strengthened.

I looked up emg, and here is part of what it says: Electromyography is an electrodiagnostic medicine technique for evaluating and recording the electrical activity produced by skeletal muscles.

Electrical activity is not strength, so this doesn't test the actual strength of the muscles. You are saying they are weak. So you need to strengthen them.

As far as diagnosis I keep getting told that all my symptoms are "normal" for fibro so just deal with it. My chiropractor wanted to send me to an orthopedist for my hip but I refused.

I went to the PT on own specifically for hip and back pain, although I have a million other things I could go for. If you have specific muscle weakness I might ask for a referral to a PT if you are already working with your doctor. I would have done so but unfortunately I don't feel supported by my doctor. I should probably find a new one but I get frustrated dealing with so many doctors. If you don't go through your doctor I would try to find a PT who does IMS/dryneedling to see if they can help you. My PT is dryneedling the painful and weak areas to release the muscle and then giving me exercises to retrain my body and strengthen so that I don't get the same issues returning.

Oh woooow! I havent been told fibro tho and just weakness majorly my prob! Xo n thxx!

Oh woooow! I havent been told fibro tho and just weakness majorly my prob! Xo n thxx!
Hi. I think I can understand feeling weakness, I hope so when I say that a few months ago I was so weak, so dizzy, in so much pain that I couldn't live with it anymore. Nothing has changed in my life much accept that now I feel a lot better. I attribute feeling better to getting slowwwwwly back in to a normal activity routine--and please believe me when I say it was torture. I only stopped/slowed my activity level for a relatively short time, maybe a few months. That was all it took to ruin me, apparently. It was awful trying to get back in shape again--horrible, unbearable. And sadly, my physical activity is one of the best things about my life. I only took a break to do something else equally important to me, that required me to sit and work with my hands for a few months (I made an heirloom afghan for my daughter.) When I tried to get back up and get on with the other parts of my life--I couldn't move.
Please, PLEASE keep trying every day to keep moving to your own best ability and comfort level. And please keep looking for your answer. You know your body better than anyone.
Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back