Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2018
Country
US
State
New jersey
My rheumatologist no longer diagnosis fibro. I asked that they send over all the necessary paperwork, with proof of my diagnosis to my pcp…..2 years ago!! I recently was diagnosed with adhd and was speaking with them about this and the fibro and she was so confused. I called the rheumatologist office and left a message. Hopefully they still have everything because being re-diagnosed is going to make me insanely livid

Hi Meepm33p,

I'm so sorry - that sounds insanely frustrating! Will keep everything crossed for you that it works out.

Let us know how you get on!

So none of the tests excluding everything else were sent to your PCP? How strange! I'd've thought that's done automatically. I always make sure I get everything in my hands straight away, whether it's sent to my GP or not, and always take all the relevant stuff with me to any new appts. Frustrating when some docs can't find the time to do any paperwork, but luckily all the good docs did it.

I'm wary of the diagnosis ADHD with someone who may just have fibro fog. There are actually fairly recent studies proposing that about 40% of fibromites have ADHD. Thing is, these studies didn't ask any of the people whether they already had it as a kid, so they are just measuring the criteria of adult ADHD, which comes without the hyperactivity and reads exactly like a short list of fibro / brain fog. So of course it looks like that. Anyone with brain fog cd try ADHD treatments, from meds - preferably not - to using token systems to focus on what they want to do. But I don't think it's that sensible to see it as ADHD. But then, like all diagnoses, it's just about getting treatment ideas & if nec getting them paid for, so who cares - as long as it doesn't get ya worryin'. :cool:

It might be a US thing but we have an app called MYCHART where you can log in and see all tests. This is very nice as I used to keep copies of all my records and then my house burned down.
You're supposed to be able to message your doctor. (Right) just tried it, it's ok.
So Saturday my foot swelled up so bad I can't walk and they tried to give me an appointment for next Tuesday and as you all know, that won't help. I refuse to go to hospital where covid is on the loose. I'm 70.
I hate that we're short on doctors. I hate this pain. I knock myself out with edibles but its so bad. Sorry, I ended up venting

Some doctors/clinics in the US use this thing or other ways of having a patient portal into their records, and others do not. Depends on the clinic. I used to have that but then the clinic I went to was eaten by a larger corporation and they do not have it.

Medicine has gotten to be so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back