DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1993
Country
US
State
iowa
Hello,
I am so done with being blown off by doctors , anyone know of a specific type of doctor that treats fibro? I feel like i have been jerked around and don't know where to look next. I need a new primary doctor as well...she doesn't seem to give a crap that I am always in pain. I am tired of being looked at as a psycho case or druggie. I just want it to be gone. Please help with any suggestion on what type of doctor to look into
Thank you

Welcome to the fourm .im in the UK so I can't really help with names. But it's a case of look look and look some more.so many ppl in here have gone through what u are,
That's why being a member here is so helpful u have someone to vent to.
What has your Dr put u on so far ?
And don't worry I'm sure our USA members will be mush more helpful for u .so keep checking back.

2 doctors that treat fibromyalgia, a Neurologist, but best is a Rheumatologist.

first ask for the referral to the neuro as i found the rummys are worth a crap.

then get a new GP. call the local hospital and ask for a case worker. they gave me my best doctor. tell them you want a doctor that believes
in fibro. then call that doctor and ask right up front before anything. do you or does he believe in fibro. if you can see a naturalist doctor try that too as they also believe.

start out reading my posts under general discussions called what is fibromyalgia and then another post called starting a daily log book and why it help.
this has helped me a lot. i went through over 20 doctors before i found the right one that i can work with and believes.

let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back