Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Maryland
I'm sure that's the heart of most of these discussions (aside from just the experiences themselves), but just a quick recap all in one place...what have you tried that's actually helped you? I'm not certain that I have Fibro (though I have a lot of reason to suspect it) but I do have endometriosis and there is chronic fatigue associated with it as well. I haven't been able to get a handle on it yet....sometimes I'm perfectly fine adding a nap here or there, messing with my diet or vitamin intake, etc. and other times I'm tired seemingly no matter what I do or how much I sleep. Has anything worked for you consistently?

Exercise and spicy food helped me with my fatigue problems for quite a while. I also found that sleeping fully during the night and then taking naps during the day was not very helpful. In my opinion, if you get a full nights sleep and still need more sleep during the day than something is probably amiss and you should check with a doctor. Also you may want to consider if any medications you are taking might be causing your fatigue.

The best thing that helped with my fatigue was rest. Try to sleep during the night and rest during the day by not over doing. I might watch movies or work jigsaw puzzles, do craft work or other hobbies that give me pleasure and a reason to smile. Humor has it's place too and eating healthy.
Be sure your drinking enough as dehydration can cause weakness and fatigue. Go for short walks but not power walking, take time to enjoy nature. Read good books and visit friends. Sometimes fatigue is caused by depression and you must try to get out of your slump and get interested in things that matter to you.

The pain of fibro and other diseases, can cause undue stress and that can create fatigue. I hope some of these ideas help you, but I am sure many others will answer your question as well. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Getting a good night sleep every night is important in order to keep this condition under control. I've found out that different things have helped me where other things didn't. Fbiromyalgia suffers could go online, and, research all the different options, that have brought all the great testimonies across the world.

On days when the fatigue is particularly bad, I really can't do anything but rest. Don't feel bad about it, if you can't get anything done. If your body needs to rest it's just the way it is. If I do have some energy left, I do light gymnastics (I have a gymnastics ball) and I also like to do some gardening. The fresh air and sunlight has a positive effect on me overall. Other than that, I find that aromatherapy helps a bit. I bought some eucalyptus oil. I pour 1-3 drops into my bath water. Inhaling that invigorating smell gives me a bit of a clearer head and some energy. I have lots of vitamins that I take but I"m not going to get into that bc I"m sure you probably heard of what to take already. I also find that keeping a routine helps long-term.. So when I wake up (unless I"m very dizzy) I do a few gymnastics/stretching exercises. I also make sure I walk a bit during the day and that if I can't walk, I at least stretch during the day. Music (upbeat, happy tunes) is very helpful as well. Additionally I heard from friends that acupuncture helped them (however it took several sessions until they felt anything). I personally tried acupuncture and didn't feel any different, but then again I hate needles ;) Perhaps it's worth a try for you. Hope this helped :)

This did not cure the fatigue, but it seemed to lessen it. I decided to try spending one entire day (sat or sun) in bed. 24 hours, straight, in bed. I made sure that I had plenty of dense nutrient drinks. My rationale was, to take that day, heal up. I read that sleep is where we heal, so keep a tall covered glass of nutrient drink by the bedside, and periodically sip. But I do not eat anything on that one day. The reason being, is that I believe I am healing my leaky gut (theory that if your gut is perforated, poisons seep into your body, and cause your pain). So I fast, except for dense nutrient drink, sleep and rest and heal. You know? for me, it works. I feel a difference.

I sleep. Today I slept. There are just some days where I feel like I can't get a handle on being tired. Today was one of those days. I went to the bookstore and I felt completely wiped out when I got home. Exercise like walking seems to help keep tiredness at bay but it's not a cure for me. Sometimes, I think what helps me the most is really just giving in and sleeping. Although I have to say, taking a day and just sleeping and not eating sounds like it might be a pretty good idea. It makes sense and it might be something I try to do.

My fibro has a huge fatigue component. I agree rest and sleep are truly important. I sleep about 8 hours a night during the work week and sleep most of the weekend. My fatigue is so bad, that I had to use caffeine and sugar to keep myself awake at work; otherwise I couldn't focus enough to complete any work. Now, my neurologist has given me Modafinil to help me stay awake, focused and functional. If you are not medicine phobic, you might want to try Modafinil to help lower your fatigue levels if exercise, rest and sleep are not effective enough. Good luck!

I try to think positive, even when things go wrong. I deal with someone that is disabled on a daily basis, and this is very stressful, and, my Fibromyalgia turns its' ugly head more often than not; however, I refuse to give in to negative thinking. Thinking positive is one great way of beating those daily aches, pains, and fatigue symptoms, that go along with this condition, if practiced on a regular basis.

Jenny Heart, thinking positive is a good thing! I try it too.. it works sometimes ;) I try to remind myself of the things I am grateful for. I even made collages of pictures that inspire me to live life to the fullest despite the obstacles.

I also have endometriosis, and whenever I feel I'm managing to regulate my energy levels, my period comes in full force, leaving me screaming in pain and fainting, and when it is finally over I have to take a week or so to recover from the energy it took to be on my period. It's terrible, and I feel for you!

What works best for me is keeping my adrenal glands as calm as possible through diet, exercise, and suppliments made with actual animal adrenal tissue. I avoid all sugar, even honey and fruit. This way when I'm resting, I'm actually relaxing. But I also cannot spend energy I don't have. If my body doesn't have the energy to do a chore, I won't do it. I'm careful to save enough energy in the morning to do about 30 min of light cardio, because it helps me build energy and heals my body.

I also have restful hobbies: reading, non-adrenaline forming video games, writing, drawing, and taking baths.

Listen to your body, and don't force it. Don't feed it quick burning fuel like sugar or grains. I'm on a very high protien diet of grass fed red meat every meal, with protien shakes too. This may not be the best diet option for you, but my doctor tailored it to my specific needs. I'm burning real energy that doesn't cause spikes, and it's helping a lot to regulate energy.

Protein does help..and i drink an energy drink called corvalen m ..i have way too low energy without this supplement..it was recommended by an alternative doctor for fibro , in his newsletter

I am mostly passing through this thread to get some ideas. I really have not had anything help much with my fatigue yet. It seems to be getting worse.

I've learned to distinguish between real fatigue and slumps in energy. If it's just a slump, fresh air and sunlight help. I don't fight fatigue, I go to bed. I still have not received a firm diagnosis about anything other than a hernia and moderately advanced osteoarthritis. Someone suggested my problems may be cause by aspartame poisoning. I've cut aspartame out of my diet. We'll see if that helps.

I need to add to my response. I figured out which of my many many supplements is helping with my chronic fatigue: Rhodiola! Apparently it is easy enough to find (I get it right from my naturopathic doctor,) but if it is just Rhodiola on its own it won't work. It must include other parts of the plant it comes from. So look for a bottle that includes more than just rhodiola- I can't remember what the other parts of the plant are called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back