What's the most difficult thing you did while you were in pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexecif

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Canada
There would definitely be a time when we have to deal with life and the pain at the same time. For instance, your fiance's family is coming over, it was already planned, but you suddenly feel all the symptoms. You can't cancel. I mean, you can but that would be like not so nice. Have you ever had this kind of situation? How did you go about it?

My daughters wedding. 30 people came from UK, my daughter lives there and the wedding was here in Australia. Pre Covid of course! It was a huge three day event. It is the hardest thing I have had to do, smile be happy greet the UK visitors have photos etc etc etc my flare started a week before the wedding I was a wreck. There is still a small underlying estrangement with my daughter because I had to say no to a few things so I could save my energy for the actual day. I did my best, I still do.

I could only imagine how much it went for you, but we do everything for the people we care about. That's so brave of you. It's just so sad that we get to experience all these difficulties. But still, I'm grateful for my life. I'm praying for you.

Hey there. I was wondering if by chance you had experience going to therapies?

The most difficult things for me were.... treatments! Like acupuncture, hyaluronic acid injections, and a spinal tap as an examination....
But all social events are trials and tribulations. I usually have to keep them to under an hour. Live work with mask on is tough too.

Flexecif - how do you mean "experience going to therapies" - do you mean psychotherapy? Done a lot in my life, esp. for social phobia. I'd got my own grip on myself as fibro was building up, learnt to live in the here and now, mindfulness, to get any anxiety etc down.
Tried 3 therapists last year, didn't help, even one 1x from a pain clinic. But I've just started a sort of Gestalt therapy again, with someone I'd worked with a few times before, altho I prefer CBT, cos I think she's OK for me. Don't know where it's going yet, but I somehow need it since my sleep went haywire in March/April. Working on things like strain, life & work coping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back