Whole body pain, is it Fibro or Grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
My son passed away New Years day, 2021, at 55 yrs old. Needless to say, the grief is overwhelming. In July, I woke up with complete body pain...head to toe..along with stiffness in joints. While I do realize at 75 yrs old, that many things could be wrong with me..and back in the late 80s I experienced something very simulare ..had many tests ect...nothing really showed up..at that time I was also going through a very stressful part of my life...and later was told that it could be Fibro. Yes, I could just go to the Dr...and go thru all kinds of tests, but, just really don't want to see Dr's now...with all that is going on now with covid, ect....just don't want any part of Dr's , hospitals, ect....I just want you all to know that I really appreciate this site..and its people on it. If it is Fibro, I feel I'm not alone, and I do appreciate this.

Grief can manifest in many ways and a lot of them are physical. I am so sorry you have this experience, because I know it is just terrible. Especially when it is your child, it feels all wrong on top of the grief of the loss.

whether or not this is fibromyalgia, though, is something you will just have to wait to see. If you had no such problems prior to your son's passing it's possible that those things will eventually stop. On the other hand, sometimes fibro is triggered by very traumatic events, and losing your own child, at any age, is certainly traumatic.

I suggest you do not make any assumptions or come to any conclusions about whether or not your physical problems are fibromyalgia, or anything else, until some time has passed. If you are still experiencing physical issues in several months or a year from now and you feel able to do so, then get the tests that are required for determining what is causing this. Without the tests you will not know, and it could be something else that it treatable, curable, or very serious. You will eventually need to know.

Right now, concentrate on yourself. Be very kind and very patient with yourself. Let yourself have all the feelings you have and all the time you need, no matter how long that is, to grieve. There is no right or wrong way to experience grief or to get through each day or week or month, as long as it is not something damaging to your own health. Find support for your grief. I know joining a grief support group, both in person and online, helped me a lot, as well as talking with anyone who was able to listen to me without judgement or trying to "fix" me. I hope you are able to find that for yourself.

And you are welcome here even if you don't know whether or not you have FM. Judgement is not allowed here, and people here are kind. We will help and support you however we can.

Thank you sooo much, your very kind , and seems like you ,also, know kinda what I'm going through (and I'm so sorry if that's is the case). My son's 56th birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and being he passed on New Years day...well, Holidays and all....
Again thank you...I appreciate you!

I hope you are feeling better.

Reactions: cjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back