Winter has arrived...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacktheVoid

Reason
DX FIBRO
Well...it's finally gotten to the point where the temperature has dropped and I am feeling it!!! Pain and brain fog has been crazy lately...some days last week I would've 100% told you that 2 + 2 is 5. Really exhausted lately and grumpy because I had a bunch of things planned I wanted to get done but now I am not able to. It's like, I know I've got fibromyalgia and all this, but every time a flare comes around and things get a bit harder to deal with I'm like "how can this be happening?!"

Real talk though, this is the worst flare I've had since I first got diagnosed and despite how frustrated it makes me, I think it's maybe made me realize I've been habitually pushing myself too far? Before I only really used a cane or other mobility aid when it was like, I *couldn't* walk without it, but now after coming home so tired and worn down after walking at work or at the grocery store or even just around the block, I sort of said "screw it" and started using my cane more often these past few weeks and now I'm realizing that like....oh wait....this can be used to prevent me from GETTING to the stage where I'm in too much pain to walk... It feels obvious in hindsight but I think still a part of me has trouble accepting what my body and mind needs.

Spending a lot of time resting has also made me think and reflect on my relationships and how different my life looks today versus a year ago... This is my first Thanksgiving with gastroparesis, fibromyalgia, and all the other complications that have come with them and it's sort of nerve wracking to think about A.) having to navigate a situation with an emphasis on food when food is not something my stomach has a good relationship with anymore...and B.) having to navigate other people's reactions to my issues...all I can think about is how exhausting spending time with my family that's coming into town is- even though I am looking forward to seeing them! Yeah...on the whole...just feeling a bit exhausted and painful and needing to get it out somewhere...

I get what you are saying. Many years ago now I realized that the whole get-together-with-lots-of-people-and-eat-lots-of-food thing was just not for me and I stopped doing it entirely. I realize that may not be the solution for everyone else, though. :)

Here's my suggestion (for what it's worth), or more to the point, this is what I would probably do if thrust into the situation you describe.

I wouldn't say anything and just do my plate as I want it and eat as I want to, ignoring any funny looks there might be.
If someone commented to me, I would have a standard stock response of saying lightly, "Yes, I have some GI system issues, and I am sure no one wants to hear about them while we are eating! ", give a big grin, and immediately change the subject.

I know also how exhausting even thinking about such things is, let along actually doing them. Again, I think I would choose not even to go into anything about why or FMS or anything else. When I reach the end of my battery I just say, "You will have to excuse me, I'm just really tired and need to go to bed now". No further elaboration, and if someone asks, I let them know I am happy to talk about it with them at another time.

this allows people who are content to let it go to do so, and avoids you having to explain things to people who may or may not really want to know the details.
anyone who is truly interested may ask you questions later in a different situation and then you can choose how much to reveal or not to that person.

Worse thing for me is when I rest,I just don’t feel tired.and I lay awake all night .What can you do .

Hi,
The change in weather always causes flare up for me but the cost is definitely so much worse. The pain increases hugely, I can’t keep warm and I get massive amount of pain, especially in my muscles.
In turn I am miserable, brain doesn’t function, terrible sleep etc.
Horrid!

Being cold doesn't work well for my body, either.
I could live in a cold place as long as I had a very warm house and good clothes. But I prefer to live in a warm climate. Winter is enjoyable here. On the other hand, summer can be rather brutal. People who have the means to do so often leave for the summer.

I hate the heat ,mind u pre menopause isn’t helping me sweating to death.
I hurt hot or cold I can’t say one makes me worse then the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back