Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2020
Country
US
State
IL
Hello,
I developed pretty painful sciatica about 3 years ago that lasted for months. I got a couple of injections but they never really worked. I just kinda dealt with the pain, numbness, tingling from by butt to my toes. I work as an infectious disease nurse and last March when covid hit, I went into a state of panic for about 7 months. I was sick, state of panic, can’t sleep, and completely overwhelmed. In September, 2020 I started developing numbness, tingling, weakness, fatigue, twitching, tinnitus, the list goes on.
I originally was worried I had MS or ALS. I saw several neurologist had every lab test, MRI’s, 2 EMG’s and was ultimately dx with cervical and lumbar radiculopathy. For over 7 months now I have weakness in all extremities, twitching, mild pain and aches, numbness, tingling, and a lot of anxiety and depression constantly worrying that something serious is wrong with me.
Does this at all sound like fibromyalgia?
Thanks for anyone’s thoughts.
Craig

Hi Craig,

Sure, it could be fibromyalgia, but it could also be something else.
the only thing you can do to get close to a diagnosis is to get tested for all of the various things it could be. there's no definitive test for fibro, so it is a diagnosis arrived at by elimination.

In the meantime, do whatever you can to reduce your stress and worry because those things are guaranteed to be making your symptoms worse, no matter what it is. Worrying does nothing helpful, and can only cause you harm, so work hard on reducing that.

there's a post pinned to the top of the General forum that has a lot of suggestions for things you can do to help yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back