Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OR
Hello, I'll try to keep this brief. But I am a 23 y/o male that came down with debilitating symptoms last year in September after living a totally healthy lifestyle and exercising often. My illness definitely felt like an "attack" of some sort. Let me know if anyone can relate to this or if it sounds familiar.

September 2013

Started having weird pains in both my forearms and wrists. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Over a couple weeks the pain escalated and I had days where I could barely use the computer at work.

Towards the end of September, the pain sprang up in my calves and overnight I hit rock bottom. When I woke up the next morning I had:

• Severe pain in both arms
  • Severe pain in both lower legs
  • Intense fatigue - could not stand up for more than 10 mins at a time
  • Muscle weakness throughout my entire body
  • Muscles in legs twitching, and any movments caused a cramp like feeling
  • Neurological stuff: tingling, buzzing, etc all over body
  • Totally lost my sex drive
  • Tired all the time
  • Panic attacks
  • Struggling to think straight
  • Weird feeling of mucus constantly lodged in throat
  • Urinating constantly
  • Trouble speaking, like finding the right word and pronouncing it

October 2013

I woke up one morning and noticed a weird tingling at the end of my forearm whenever I straightened my arm out. The next day I had to keep my arm in a sling because extending it resulted in excruciating electrical type pain in my forearm. It was like my nerves were being attacked by something! This symptom eventually went away, but it took 1.5 months to recover.

Since October 2013, most of my symptoms have improved. Everything is either normal or close to normal (I still sometimes get tired throughout the day). The only thing that has stuck around like a really good friend is the pain in my legs and forearms. It got better, but then In January 2014 it got really bad again. Its seriously just awful, and 24/7 always hurting.

It's not like a sensitive type pain, it's a deep muscular throbbing ache that results in painful muscle twitches.

So, does this sound like fibro? I should say, there are a small group of doctors that believe lyme disease is the cause of illnesses like these, and they ran a lyme test on me that came back positive. So i'm being treated with antibiotics at the moment, but I have neither gotten worse nor better on them. So I'm wondering if I'm dealing with something else.

Drewski,
You may have both. Lymes disease and fibro, are a lot a like in symptoms, thou Lymes is considered by many to be more serious, as tick bites transmit several different diseases and the need for treatment with antibiotics as soon as possible can increase the chances of curing the illness in some people. The shock to your system could have triggered fibro, but that needs to be diagnosised by a Rheumatologist to be sure. Either way, I think some of our discussions would be helpful to you in managing your stress and pain or other symptoms.

Please join in and know that your very welcome on the forum. Post and make some new friends and make yourself at home. I hope your treatment improves your condition and gets you back to normal health. :)

Thanks for the reply. I personally believe that Lyme disease triggered fibro for me, and I dearly hope that with treatment it will go away. I totally identify with everything you guys talk about on this thread, so I'm probably going to be sticking around for a while. Thanks for the welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back