Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
Uk
State
Shropshire
So I'm 22 years old and I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I'm in so much pain right now it is killing me just to walk around my house...how has everyone dealt with work because I struggle as I work with young children and if I take time off it feels like they are really mad at me and it feels a bit tense so I don't know. It's all just a bit shit. How have you guys dealt with it? Thankyou.

Wow I keep hearing more and more younger people being diagnosed.
First come to terms with the fact you will have good days and bad days.
Second , what you have IS real, so don't pay attention to the haters. I can't beleave the ignorance of some people. Mostly "they" via family or friends will throw all kinds of stuiped advice, why don't you exersize more, if you would just loose weight, weight gain can be an issue.
If you would just get off the couch! Well some days that may not be an option. And guess what it's NOT in your controll.
Remember that everyone is diffrent, and deals with the symptoms of fibromyalgia diffrently.
You may have to say no to invites, etc.
It's taken me almost 2 yrs to admit to myself I'm dealing with this disease, I'm a fixer and dug my heels in deep to find the cure for this nasty stuff. No cure, just information. Some I take, some goes on the back burner. I wish you the best. You found a wonderful, soft place to land.

Thankyou for the reply I'm having a really bad day today I can barely walk it was reducing me to tears last night so I can't go to work today and I am seriously panicking about what they will have to say and it's so nice to hear someone say it is real I sometimes feel people look at me as if I'm making it all up..my family and boyfriend are great they understand but most people don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back