Working, or not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone on disability because of their fibro? I have had it for 21 years and the last couple of years it has gotten progressively worse. I also am exhausted at the end of the day and do not ever get a good nights sleep. Don't know how much longer I can keep this up!

Suzannes,
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Yes, I am on disability, but life is not easier other than I don't have to worry everyday if I am going to be able to get up and make my body work well enough to be able to get to work. The hardest part is trying to remain as independent as possible and yet requiring help from my family inorder to be able to have a place to live.

The fibro part is managable as long as I pace myself and don't over do or worry to much. But when stress kicks in my life becomes so much harder with brain fog and constant muscle pain and remaining together enough to work though each problem. So often I wish I had a cottage in the woods where bills would be fewer and with less people to be causing me grief. But of course with my income that cottage would have to be free.

Anyways, I guess we need to play out the hand we are dealt and try hard to remain positive as the life we dreamed of slips away unlived.
Enough about me, I hope you enjoy being here on the forum and maybe by reading the posts in the different sections you will find some new coping skills to try. And always know your welcome to come and vent when life is too hard and share a smile when you can. Please ask more questions or just give your opinion on the posts and know that we try to be a very supportive group to all our members.

See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back