Working while dealing w/ FIBOMYALGIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKI

I was diagnosed 2.5 yrs ago, and am still working (barely). Right now im going thru what my dr is calling the aggressive stage. But can’t help. Thought about applying for disability but that in itself is stressful. I found this site in hopes that I can get suggestions on how to deal with the pain and continue working. And I know every patient is different but Im dealing with symptoms that I didn’t know existed…with. This disease

Here are some suggestions for managing fibromyalgia.

get suggestions on how to deal with the pain and continue working. And I know every patient is different but Im dealing with symptoms that I didn’t know existed…with.
Sunkacola's advice would be crucial for your symptoms.
You could prioritize your symptoms and ask for specific advice here.
Adapting your work and kid load / type as much as possible would be the other side.
And counselling to help get things in balance, as said in the other thread.

I was wondering I know everyone is different with fibromyalgia, but I wonder why some people can work and some people can’t ?

I was wondering I know everyone is different with fibromyalgia, but I wonder why some people can work and some people can’t ?
@Marinemommy1009 , you asked this question on another thread, and have received replies. It's preferable if you only ask a question once, in one thread, so that all of your replies are in the same place and there can be a conversation about it if you wish. Please only post a question once. Thanks!

Thank you so must. I’m sorry . Did not recall that I had asked before. This is very hard for me to navigate this app. I will try hard to remember.

Thank you so must. I’m sorry . Did not recall that I had asked before. This is very hard for me to navigate this app. I will try hard to remember.
No problem, Marinemommy.
If you are having specific problems navigating this forum, let me know and maybe I can help.

I'm dealing with 15 times a day using toilet, struggling to walk and still working 8-10 hours in construction as a professional struggler😉 ( it feels like boxing Mike Tyson and I vow to never surrender as doctors letter saying I would never work again - all the motivation I needed )
My explanation is this:- stress and damage to a joint from 20 plus years of never stopping led to my fall from grace.
At it's worst I ended up in hospital or 3 foot sleeping in a bathroom- I thought I was finished.
My road to recovery (not cure) was to forgive myself and my situation- by this accepting what had happened and self meditation (waves on a beach etc) and medication to control gut transit etc.
I firmly believe identifying the stress and body trauma injuries-helps understand how we find ourselves here.

Turning it round that there are people who believe in you when you may not believe in yourself is incremental steps to success.

I found letting go, by this if I'm alive and breathing, a simple easy day on day small success, as small as
1) Structured day
2) managing to walk further each week
3) small things.

It's been a long hard road, but I couldn't give up and neither should anyone.

Marinemommy your Dr could help in the way of maybe a supporting letter?, i know in our UK they write support letters (for a fee) for the patients to take to ......... organisation (I'm not sure what they do in Virginia in that respect) ✨🧚🏼‍♀️✨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back