Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
GA
We all wonder what kind of work can we do with this disease. Well, I am currently working from home as a customer service representative for a cellular phone company. I am basically sitting is an orthopedic chair all day talking on the phone with disgruntled clients. Yes, the pain is still there but, itbis so much easier to deal with in my home than in an office setting. I can take breaks as I need them so long as I make my daily quota of answered and resolved calls. It allows me to work at night on days that I have doctors appointments or something to do disease related. Being able to work allows me to feel like a somebody and not just a disabled person who relies on the government to take care of her. I encourage everyone to research working from home. It really can make a difference in your lives especially those who have lost thier jobs due to fibro.

It's wonderful that you found a job you're able to do from home! Do you also suffer from chronic fatigue? Does that affect your work performance?

I quit my job because I was way too weak to handle it. I'm getting stronger, but still lack a lot of energy, focus, and stability. I'm not ready to take on work yet, but when I do work again, a work from home job is very appealing.

Sidera,

Noticed where you are from..have you had your vit d levels checked? I was getting weaker over the winter and my dr tested and my d was low and that is a definite symptom...

Sidera,

Noticed where you are from..have you had your vit d levels checked? I was getting weaker over the winter and my dr tested and my d was low and that is a definite symptom...

Yes, and I take 5-8,000 units of liquid D3 a day. I wasn't too low, but the D3 makes a noticeable difference. I do agree all people should have their levels tested.

I'm trying to do the same, alexis. I had a very nice job online, but sadly my then boss was a total jerk (I didn't agree to do something for him and ever since he decided he'd make my work harder and harder). Long story short... he made me quit! Right now I'm trying to find another online job, but meanwhile I'm completing several small tasks online. I can't believe how time consuming it is some days! I wish I had more time to do others things :( Like for example study... My old job allowed me do that.

It feels so good to work from home! Specially when you can no longer work at an office setting...

When fibro took over my life I had a full time business of cleaning houses for people. One by one I had to drop them as my legs and arms gave out and my strength was gone. And the brain fog set in and with it the depression caused by not being able to work and also the limitations that fibro created in my life. I was unable to work at anything.

Now I do a bit of writing online and try to put articles up on paying blogs when I have spare time. Lately since my mom now lives with me and her demands are great, my writing has been mostly put on hold due to lack of time and being to fatigued to think. But I hope this is just a short time and that things will get better and I will have more time for myself to write again soon. :)

Oh my goodness, guys thanks so much for reading and responsing to my post. I truly believe this forum is good medicine for all of us. Thanks so much for the kind words about what I have shared.

Now to answer your questions. Yes, I do experience chronic fatigue and, if you keep on reading you will find another post or reply I did all about that subject. But, basically because I am also A.D.D. my doctor has me on a very small dose of adderall to take while I am working to battle the fatigue. It seems to work pretty well. If there is anything else you guys want to know please keep posting and, I will respond as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back