Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
My hearing is on Thursday and I am starting to get a little nervous about my attorney.

Reason 1: I met with him in mid October and he told me he would call me every week to see how I am doing. I have not heard from him at all.

Reason 2: He has never contacted my witness which he told me he would do when I met with him.

Reason 3: He hasn't responded to my last 3 emails.

Reason 4: I send the emails to his assistant and she forwards them on to him. The last email I sent was not returned by either him or his assistant which she normally does send a return email.

Reason 5: I left a message for him to call me last week and I did not receive a return call.

Maybe I am just being paranoid but I had a dream last night that he didn't show up at my hearing.

Anybody else think I am being paranoid or do you think there is cause for concern?

Gosh Krista that does sound a bit fishy. Is there a possibility he is on holiday or something unforeseen has come up?. Did he seem committed during that meeting and still optimistic.

Maybe he is just really busy and intends to focus on your case in the first few days of the week. Try phoning him or his assistant again on Monday morning to try and put your mind at rest.

I know Lawyers here tend to think they have it all under control and can leave finalizing things until the last minute because to them it is all routine and doesnt hold the same urgency as the client.

Its not good manners but they may be all it is.

Good Luck

At our first meeting back in April 2014 he seemed really enthusiastic. He was telling me how he wins more cases in our area than any other attorney, that he thinks I have a really strong case, that he is was optimistic that I would win and so forth. But when I saw him again in October he seemed dour and just didn't seem to show the enthusiasm that he did at our first meeting. I asked him if he still thought we had a strong case and he said he did based on my age, education, and the jobs I have held in the past. I thought it would be based on my ability to work. Anyway maybe I'm just being paranoid but I will say one thing, I don't think the hearing could possibly be worse that what I have conjured up in my mind to be. I guess if he doesn't show up he won't get paid. One thing I am certain of is if I lose I am done. No appeal, no refiling, nothing. This has taken way to big a toll on my life and I just want it to be over.

Keep your chin up Krista. I bet you are right it cant be any worse than the stress you have been under all these months.

Quite likely it will be quite straight forward...you are not on trial for anything and I am sure the court must be a respectful environment where they also know you are unwell and nervous.

I am sure he will turn up and do his best...like you say after all his efforts so far he wont want to miss out on being paid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back