Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I am thinking if I were lounging on the beach with a toddy under Hawiian sky, it might take my mind off my symptoms. If not, it would be an awful waste of a trip to Hawaii! I would gladly find out!:twisted:

Well you certainly get an A for creativity with this wonderful question! :) I can't answer it for you... but the first thing that came to mind was that maybe if it's a humid "tropical heat" it may not be so great for a fibro sufferer. On the other hand, maybe the heat itself would help.

In any case, I think everyone may be different in how the weather affects the fibro and it just may take booking a trip to Hawaii to find out... whatcha think? Don't you agree? :)

I don't think our pain would be that terrible if we lived in an environment like Hawaii. The weather is allegedly perfect though it is fairly windy in Hawaii. I am a big proponent of changing one's environment to change the self. Life gets especially hard for those of us who live on the East Coast. In 3 months it will be 20 degrees and snowy.

I am a big proponent of changing one's environment to change the self. Life gets especially hard for those of us who live on the East Coast. In 3 months it will be 20 degrees and snowy.

Very true... does the extremely high moisture levels in summer humidity bother you, too, rollinloud, or just the cold weather? What about dampness on the rainy days like I'm seeing today? I have a feeling that just like everyone's pain issues can vary, maybe the types of weather that causes worse pain is different for people, too... don't quote me, though. :)

I think it would be worth a shot myself! I don't see a trip to Hawaii in the future so I better figure out how to live with this right here in Wisconsin! Thanks for responding; trying to have a bit of fun, while we can.

I can't say I've noticed a lot of variation in my situation resulting from the weather. I'm mostly at home in a air conditioned climate but my truck doesn't have air and it tires me out to go to grocery store and fight the heat, the walking, etc. Usually I have to go straight to bed for awhile. Its worth it because I don't want to be housebound.

I live in that kind of environment too--it will soon be cold here in Wisconsin. Tonight already we are wearing light jackets. That is crap, if you ask me. Sure wish I could relocate--not necessarily to Hawaii! I have too many kids in this God forsaken state! My plan is to stay in all winter! I am terrified of falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back