Not open for further replies.

ValYahz

Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AR
I have been suffering with pain now going on 3 years. Yesterday I was told that I have Fibromyalgia. I've take almost every pill under the sun for the pain and nothing is working. I am taking up to 900mg of Gabapentin, 4500 mg of Salsalate, and 975mg of Hyrocodiene per day. It was helping for awhile then the pain started to come back. The muscle spasms are the worst. I often scream in pain. I am a very depressed person, I am gaining weight like crazy because I eat my feeling and now that I can not exercise much its all adding up. I hate when people do not know what I am going through have a comment like you should walk and exercise more. I recently had to stop going to college and work. This illness is taking my lively-hood away. I can no longer drive my Big truck. It is hard to get my family to understand the pain that I am in or even rub my back. I am sleep deprived. WHen is it going to stop?:cry:

ValYahz,
First off welcome to the forum. I understand where you are coming from when you say your in terrible pain yet no one understands and most are unwilling to help. Have you talked with your doctor about trying different medications? If yours are not removing the pain then maybe you need to try different drugs to see what will work for you.

Part of the problem may be anxiety and depression. Many people think of depression as someone who sits in bed all day long, but most of us are very active and trying our best to have a life. So try to relax. Take time for yourself. Warm baths with epson salts in the water will help relieve muscle pain. Try watching really funny movies and sharing this time with family. It is said laughter is the best thing to help a hurting soul. Find good books to read. Could you do any of your collage work online to save the commuting time?

As for the muscle spasms there are muscle relaxing meds that can help. You can also try getting a massage or when in bed keep a extra blanket over your legs and feet to prevent cramps. Try warming a blanket in the dryer and covering up with it when sitting or laying down, the warmth will help relax your muscles. I see your in Arizona, I don't know if it is hot or cold out there now, but I found wearing knee socks can reduce the cramps in legs. Try wearing socks to bed.

Please read around the forum and read the pain management section, as well as, where we welcome in members like yourself, as we provide lots of good ideas to those new to fibro and you will find lots of new coping skills. Check out the general topics and post more questions and help other members as well. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Hi Val and wow what a tough spot. You need to go to your dr. and let him know that the meds are not working. That is a lot of medication to be on especially if it is not helping you. I'm not sure what to tell you that might help but here are a few of my tricks for coping. Ointments, gently massaging my legs to stop the spasms. There are some low dose anti-depressants that are also good for muscle spasms.

Hi, Valerie,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie, too. 1sweed and nascarmike have given some good advice. I don't have any advice. I just wanted to let you know I care and I'm glad you reached out.

Good morning. I just wanted to thank you all for responding to my post. All good advice I appreciate it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back