Diet Commandments for Chronic Pain
Although the research on diet and chronic pain is limited, experts suggest the following may help:
- Cut back on carbohydrates.
- Consume plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avoid aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid MSG and other additives.
- Avoid or limit caffeine.
- Avoid or limit intake of nightshade vegetables.
- Avoid or limit your intake of yeast and gluten.
- Avoid or limit your intake of dairy products.
- Eat more fresh foods, and in particular, organic foods.