Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
US
State
SD
If someone has time to read. Would love feedback if this seems correct. I am copy pasting from what I put on “do I have Fibromyalgia” board

I am 54 years old. I have been feeling fatigue for a while ( 8/2016) when I looked back in my chart. I would say it has slowly came on and now fast forward around February 2019 still fatigue but more then before and all bloodwork is good.
Now in May I go back because the fatigue is much worse and she checked for hashimoto. Nope that wasn’t it. I also have some brain fog and on and off blurry vision I do have MS in my family. My maternal grandfather had it and I have a few first cousins each from different aunt with MS. So I wasn’t getting anywhere and now I hired a holistic MD Skype appointment and I am thinking maybe my hormones are all out of whack. I do a DUTCH urine test. Nothing really with that either.
Now September comes all of a sudden my muscles and skin hurt I am fatigued usually by noon or 1 pm. I use the carts at stores just to help me almost like a walker in disguise lol This pain and fatigue has snow balled and I am scared. It has gotten worse so fast. My muscles get tired and hurt but no cramps just pain. Also they get what I call earthquakes sometimes almost like a tremor.
My left arm muscles hurt the most but my legs and other arm do but I can tell my left is more weak. I had all kinds of blood test from rheaumatologist He said all my autoimmune markers were fine. I did have 3 tests out of probably 20 that came back significantly high were C reactive protein and Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C reactive protein Quantative.
I just went to be checked at Endocrinologist today because some other physician said to check for cushings. He said no. Rheaumatologist at the end of exam said it was fibromyalgia. He did push in places that I had no idea even hurt and he said autoimmune wouldn’t do that. I did see something online to do a blood test for fibromyalgia and they sent out a test kit and I am waiting for the results. The Endocrinologist said there is no test. I am at a loss to know when do you believe and know they have the diagnosis correct.

Also do these pains ever go away for a month or is this pain stay with you most days?
Does anyone feel like they need to have a cane towards afternoon when muscles get weak? I finally ordered one but it isn’t here yet.
Any answers would be helpful. I don’t have any dragging legs or pin and needles so they didn’t think MS. I have slight burning and just weakness in my muscles. Massage and warmth feel amazingly good. I am just worried since this snowballed so quickly. Even standing is too much.

Hi , unfortunately there is no specific bio marker for fibromyalgia. Yes a rheumatologist is the dr of choice for diagnosis fibromyalgia. With FM you do get flares where pain , fatigue and brain fog are more intense . Unfortunately there is no complete disappearance of fatigue and pain even with medication , I would say some days are worst than others .

Thank you so much for your reply. I just got a blood test that said it can tell you if you have FM and I just got results and said 97% positive.

By later in the afternoon most days I feel I need a cane. I asked my primary physician about getting a handicap placard so on days it’s bad I can use it. Her response was no I don’t qualify for it and then she said that I need to be doing the opposite “ in fact increasing your excersise will help treat the fibromyalgia and walking further from the parking spot will actually help with the disease”

This is what was written back. If this is true I feel embarrassed for even asking but I can hardly walk some days by the afternoon. Since this is a new diagnosis I didn’t know exercise can turn it around. I am not lazy and seems when I am walking around by afternoon it’s been too much and now it’s difficult. I am sooo confused

Also have you used a infa red heating pad?

I've used hot water bottles and heating blankets, they help at certain times.

I read a bit more up on the handicap sign and it is based on a doctors recommendation. So, it's either convince this doctor, or seek another's assistance in hopes they'll agree with you. That's how it works here in Canada.

I've used hot water bottles and heating blankets, they help at certain times.

I read a bit more up on the handicap sign and it is based on a doctors recommendation. So, it's either convince this doctor, or seek another's assistance in hopes they'll agree with you. That's how it works here in Canada.

Hi Kristin, I see you quoted my text :)

I did buy myself a infared heating pad. That helps a lot. I also have been getting weekly massages. Sometimes it seems to wipe me out for the rest of the day. She uses at the end some cbd oil. I get tremors after being out on errands a lot in my thighs and my legs are so weak. So I learned real quick prioritize errands and I try to quit before I get tired usually around 1 or 2pm. I also read someone used an app to keep track of pain etc which I have been doing. The handicap sticker I will just wait and see if my legs get worse I will find another physician if they do. Do you know if most people did this slowly come on? I slowly had fatigue get worse but this muscle pain came on quick and the problems with weakness in my legs all came around September.

There's some in it along with other ingredients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back