Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
Hi everyone. This is my first post. Im trying to figure out if I might have Fibromyalgia. Ive been going to the doctor for a lot of separate issues over the past 5-6 months (some longer than others) and it is just recently that I realized to stop looking into each problem as a separate and to look at them as a whole. After doing some research it seems to be Fibromyalgia so I wanted to talk to some people first. I know nobody in here can diagnose but Im just asking for opinions.

These have been my main symptoms (these are the ones I've had at least a few months, but some a lot longer)... Excessive fatigue, muscle pain throughout certain parts of body (mainly upper and middle back and also hips), brain fog accompanied with memory loss, stomach issues (IBS/bloating/gas/constipation/never feeling fully digested), anxiety and depression, dry and scratchy eyes, sensitivity to light, nausea, sensitivity to cold, and weight gain. I understand everybody's symptoms can be different so I'm wondering are these typical with others with fibromyalgia?

Hi Ivy - I have alot of the same symptoms with a few more. I am 53 and believe that menopause is causing some. Took me over a year to get diagnosed. I have had IBS most of my life and the symptoms I get now are really random and not typical for my IBS. I know for many pain seems to be the bigger issue, while I have pain, its not my main issue. Alot of random symptoms. Most of mine are my head neck and chest. I have sensitivity with my hearing. Its been quite an experience! From what I am seeing in these forums and support groups treatment is trying this and that to find what works for each person. Wish there was an easier solution to controlling this!!

I also have neck, shoulder, arm. ribs, back, hips and deal with IBS. Lately its hard to lift my arms without terrific pain in my muscles. Do any of you also feel like you have the flu but when I go to check my temperature it's normal?

I also have neck, shoulder, arm. ribs, back, hips and deal with IBS. Lately its hard to lift my arms without terrific pain in my muscles. Do any of you also feel like you have the flu but when I go to check my temperature it's normal?
I often feel flu like. It certainly is not fun. I do the same thing checking my temp and its always normal! I too have IBS and this has my IBS VERY different from what it is normally for sure.

Hi everyone. This is my first post. Im trying to figure out if I might have Fibromyalgia. Ive been going to the doctor for a lot of separate issues over the past 5-6 months (some longer than others) and it is just recently that I realized to stop looking into each problem as a separate and to look at them as a whole. After doing some research it seems to be Fibromyalgia so I wanted to talk to some people first. I know nobody in here can diagnose but Im just asking for opinions.

These have been my main symptoms (these are the ones I've had at least a few months, but some a lot longer)... Excessive fatigue, muscle pain throughout certain parts of body (mainly upper and middle back and also hips), brain fog accompanied with memory loss, stomach issues (IBS/bloating/gas/constipation/never feeling fully digested), anxiety and depression, dry and scratchy eyes, sensitivity to light, nausea, sensitivity to cold, and weight gain. I understand everybody's symptoms can be different so I'm wondering are these typical with others with fibromyalgia?
sounds a lot like me, yes.

Do you treat it with anything?
I often feel flu like. It certainly is not fun. I do the same thing checking my temp and its always normal! I too have IBS and this has my IBS VERY different from what it is normally for sure.

I feel flu like a lot, I also feel like I have internal bruising and torn muscles, I use paracetamol, hot baths and showers and ibuprofen gel, my doctor says amtryptiline can help with the flu like feeling but it just made me feel dopey. I use colpermin for ibs but it depends which type you have, colpermin is good if its mainly constipation, buscopan is good if you go too much x

I also have neck shoulder,upper back, pain and the muscles of outside of arms (deltoideus and trapezius) cramp so bad they awaken me at night and I have to will myself to move them.... same with leg muscles... temp runs normal and Ibs. I also have another autoimmune disease, Hashimoto, and currently it is under control..... this past two months have been awful here in Ga and I wonder if the humidity and cold has had an impact.. I also have been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and taking 80 mg lasix... I wondered if I had peed all my electrolytes out andhad blood work last wed..... not heard results. Have any of you been to Mayo Clinic? My rectus femoris has been tender to touch forever and the docs always told me it was sciatica. My arm muscles also are tender to touch. Thank you for any response.... I feel I am losing my mind and body..... I cannot take lyrica..... causes my ankles to swell.... and just started on Cymbalta... and increase gabapentin by 1/2... 400 in am and 800 at night.

is hashimoto thyroid related disease gigi?

Idon’t Know... I will ask at my next endocrinologist appointment and let you know

Based on your experiences, how did you guys acquire fibro?

I am not sure how I acquired it. For me it seems to be linked to the menopause process or that process made it rear its ugly head.

As long as the doctor has ruled everything else out, it could very well be fibro. Obviously overlap with other issues can occur like thyroid disease and autoimmune diseases. Have you been tested for Lyme disease? I originally had Lyme disease years ago and there are some overlapping symptoms. I do have fibromyalgia (classic case as my Doctor tells me) and some new symtoms like to rear their ugly head periodically. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back