Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
On 23rd June, I woke up with a pain in my right hand palm which felt different compared to all the pain I experienced before. It doesn't looked like some bone pain or pain after cramp. It felt like the pain was coming from inside the body and to be precise it felt like it was coming from Nerve itself. I woke up to investigate what was going on, but it vanished.

The next day, the same kind of pain again came on right palm, and then it radiated from right palm to mid-arm and came and went for few minutes. I ignored it, but the same week, I started developing higher intensity of same pain which on one day used to stay on left arm, radiating whole arm and next day changing place to next arm. It was not stationary nor there was any pattern for the pain. I had a bit stressful weekend as I work for tech industry so it usually involves lot of typing. So I assumed it was due to that. So the next week I de-stressed a bit, but the strange pain which was generally in arm. Now I could feel the same behind the head (occipital part) , neck and back as well.

I went to the doctor and they prescribed me a anti-inflammatory pain killer but nothing happened. The pain had one characteristic : If it was paining in one part, it didn't pained in any other part. So one body part at a time. The sensations were generally Pins and needle, Burning like fire & Electric shocks. I did a cervical X-Ray which turned out to be normal.

In July, the pain intensity decreased compared to June's but the area increased. Now, I could feel that same kind of come and go pain in chest and legs. Also my Jaws and teeth were paining as well. (TMJ Pain). That means my whole body was now paining.

Then, I did tests like ANA Titer, CPR, CBC, Vitamin B12, Typhoid, Vitamin D, Hepatitis, West Nile Virus, CMP, TSH, HIV etc. It generally took 7 days to get the result. Meanwhile, I finished ECG & Doppler; both came normal. So I was relieved that it wasn't heart related.

MRI of brain, spine, cervical was done and it was normal as well except few swelling in Cervical Spine which doctor said was minor. Then, I was referred to Neurologist who conducted NCV/NCS and it was perfectly normal.

Then the blood tests report came, The only two which stood out was
Vitamin D = 13.5 ( Range 32-100 )
Salmonella H b,d = Positive

I was stoked to see 3/5 Anti-gens in Typhoid test being positive. I had no viral symptoms like Fever, cold, chills, Cough, Vomit, Nausea. So, I did Widal Test again after few days and it came out Negative. Very confusing.

So, it's Mid-August and still my symptoms are persisting. I changed many doctors because some doctors are very quick to say this is anxiety but it is not. The pain and suffering is real and I am very positive thinker, I don't get anxious quickly. So this is for sure not anxiety or depression related.

I also noted, that my weight before this thing started was 145 pounds and now it is 139 pounds after 2-ish months. Also, the most pain I feel is when I wake up from sleep. I am also experincing constant muscle twitching as well since last 10 days.

So, my questions are:
1.) What do you guys think, all these symptoms are related to ? Is it due to Vitamin D deficiency or cervical swelling is the culprit?
2.) If someone is diagnosed with Fibro, can they please see if I fall under that category ? I am yet to see rheumatologist.
3.) Is this something serious going on ? Because I have constant Muscle twitching and pain that strikes every 2-3 hours and goes. Also, I am experiencing sleep issues as well. Couldn't sleep more than 3 hours =(

I am so confused, HELP

I would suggest going back to a neurologist and asking if it would be worthwhile to be tested for Parkinson and MS. Remember that somethings take a while to be figured out as a lot of illnesses have the same symptoms, that includes fibro. I know how scared you must be and with this starting suddenly instead of slowly that in it's self can be a clue. The fact that it involves many areas could help your chances or just confuse the doctors, but don't give up.

I would suggest you do a bit of web searching and watch some video's to see if any one of them matches what your experiencing and if they do then start learning coping skills right now. Because when you do get the answer all the doctor will do is suggest counseling, maybe physical therapy, and medications. So it is up to you to learn what you can do at home to help improve or manage your condition.

And that is where we can help. Read through the different sections and posts that talk about the symptoms your facing now. Ask questions. Join in and answer other folks. Make some cyber friends. We even have a rant section for when things become to hard to bear alone. And lastly know we all care about you and your not alone anymore. We understand this journey and it is hard and it can be depressing but don't give up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back