Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
So I'm on gabepentin .yes I saw a post on it but it was so long it's shut down now lol .
He upped me 3days ago and here I am body killing me burning sore skin and a chesty cough that I believe I have dew to this drug. It was great for the first few weeks.now it does nothing at all.
I'm so fed up of not having a good night sleep. I'm sitting here waiting for the codeine to kick in so maybe I can get some more sleep.sadly the only drug that made my days near normal was tramadol.which he don't want to put me back on.
Sorry moan over x

Hi Forgetmenot...so sorry gabbys not working.

I know you have written about tramadol before......but if it helped would you consider mounting a polite but firm campaign with your doctor to go back on it. I know you have your 3 year old to care for and if the drug suited you as far as tolerating any side affects...i can't see his reasoning for suddenly taking you off.

What's the point of prescribing some thing to give a patient relief and quality of life...only to withdraw it when it's pretty successful?

Take Care

Gabby was the same for me, it stopped helping and I started going backwards. I came off for a week and when I went back on it started working as it should.

I hate when I'm not sleeping good, it makes my fibro so much worse. I don't understand why your doc. won't perscribe what you need. I take ambian and switch it up with trazadone (high does) this keeps me from building a tolerance. Silly your doctor won't address sleep, it's part of this crappy disorder.

Anyway, I just wanted to give my two cents.

How do you find the ambien and trazadone Eyesup? Do you take them every day..i guess you would with the trazadone as its an anti depressant.

How do you find the side affects of these two drugs?

I take diazepam most nights as like everyone i don't sleep very well and try and keep the dose down as you quickly build up tolerance .

I limit myself to one pill if I can't get to sleep...... and if that doesn't work i am awake all night.

I have altered the two for five years, so the only side affects I seem to have is the trazadone (300mg) leaves me grogy the next day, and sometimes very vivid dreams. I've not had to use trazadone in about 5 months the ambian is working (I do have to take 1 1/2 pills or else I'm up and down all night.
Seriquell is the sleep med that I really don't function well with, but it does knock me out. I've thrown the script out but I used to take it if I had gone more then 2 weeks without sleeping.
I've used natural reminded in the past but I seem to build tolerance to them too quickly.
Can you ask your doctor for samples? Or even a script just to c and have two that you can alternate so you don't build a tolerance? I was so in at ease before my doctor suggested switching when I went too many nights without. My fibro is soooo much worse when I don't sleep.

Last edited:
If your doctor isn't meeting tour needs you can always find a new one. That was the best piece of advice I got after being diagnosed, so many doctors just don't understand real pain.

Alright what I would recommend you to do is breath and breath trying to calm yourself more and deeply this will cause you to fall into a state of calmness within your own body and you will eventually fall asleep regardless of what you may be feeling and this works because it's a complete relax kind of way that affects your whole body. You must put effort with your breathing and your mind.

My dr is great .in don't see anyone else .i though I said in another post that I came off it due to my body going nuts when I was late taking it. I had all the withdrawal of a drug taker. So I asked to try something else. So I'm kinda stuck atm.
I did see the dr today as I have a nasty chest infection.but once I'm better il try the gabby one more time before I tell him it anit working for me.

Hang in there! it's a pity your doctor doesn't seem to listen to to you, if you were doing good while on tramadol he should respect that. For my mom tramadol never did a thing, but celebrex did. Have you considered seeing another doctor? I think it would be wise to consider it, is not a good sign a doctor is ignoring what is going on... you know your body better and know what works best for your pain.

I take trazodone too, but not as much as Eyesup (50 mg). It has been working for me for almost a year now. The other thing that helps me is earplugs, a sleeping mask and a box fan for white noise. I was surprised how much difference the sleepingmask made.

Some people take flexeril to help them sleep - it has that side effect for most people (but not me)

I must have missed the post about withdrawal symptoms if you were late taking tramadol. I knew you had withdrawals coming off of them completely and thought it was due to doctor not wanting to prescribe them any more.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Good luck back on the gabby after your chest infection clears.

That's ok willow .u no how it is u assume everyone reads every post,which is stupid because even I can't do that lol.
So no I asked to come off the tramadol .because I was dependent on them. But I'm sure if I told him I wanted them he would.but like I said I e been really unwell .

Alert your doc what was working for you. Afterall, the doctor should be patient centred. You should also try to wean yourself off tramadol and commence on alternative therapies like melatonin. A hot water bath and three cups of warm milk provide additional assurance of a good night of sound sleep. You can never go wrong with walking exercises. The only drug I have used to induce sleep is piriton but have not seen it being discussed in here. Who else have used it? I found it quite effective though some people saw that it is addictive.

I don't like the idea of being dependent on any drug, so I'm leery about taking those I hear can cause dependency, but I guess maybe I haven't come across the right one yet, because I haven't had that issue. I've taken Tramadol in the past, and it did help a little with sleep. Amitriptyline helped somewhat, as well. I believe I was put on that initially for Interstitial Cystitis or Migraine prevention, but noticed the sedating effect, so stayed on it for a while. I have also taken Melatonin in the past, and that has helped somewhat, as well. I've never found one thing that worked wel forever, and so have switched around a little. Nowadays, I end up reading or watching a little TV, and often that will relax me enough to go back to sleep, and of course I use deep breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back