Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Feeling a little annoyed tonight. I applied for SSD in May of this year. I have filled out all of the forms, answered all of the questions they asked of me, went to all of the doctors they wanted me to and still I have heard nothing. My sister in law applied towards the end of July and she already has been approved. It feels like I was first in line and she was 50th and somehow she butted in front of me. I don't understand how the system works. The person I spoke with at SSD told me it is done on a case by case basis and possibly the person handling my sister in laws case was caught up or had fewer cases. Trying not to feel bitter but it is hard right now. She is entitled to the benefits as I believe she is disabled but still I feel annoyed. Thanks for listening.

This is so rough. I am so sorry for your struggles. My mother and mother in law are still waiting after years. best of luck to you

It is frustrating waiting for that decision to be made. I waited and appealed for 7 years before I was finally approved. But all you can do is try to be patient and pray that in the end it will work in your favor. The thing with your sister in law was just the luck of the draw, so don't feel that she stepped in ahead of you. But I am told that the folks who make these decisions are in a smaller number thus the longer wait. Often times it is the State your living in. I was in Florida, during my waiting time. Just try to find a new hobby to keep you busy and keep your thoughts more on other things. I wish you the best of luck! :)

Found out the reason why my sister in law got disability before I did. I was told by a supervisor that the reason is because she physically went to the Social Security Administration office rather than applying on line as I did. Even though I applied on line on May 12th it was processed until August 14th. What a bummer. Oh well, like they say these days, it is what it is. I was told I should have an answer by the end of November. I just need to keep the faith.

Sometime it happens with me too. Life is full of complication but sometimes. Some day I feel like in the sky and another day when I facing any problem I fell like hell. But I think we should accept it is the part of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back