Bsmoothy91

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
Does anyone get neck pain that refers behind the eye. I've been suffering for 6 days Intermittently. Its really annoying. When I touch certain spots in my neck it shoots straight unto my eye. One side is almost continuous the other side is random here and there (that side of the beck isn't as bad) I also get dry eyes.
I've been to the optometrist. Mri 6 months ago etc.
Just wondering if anyone experiences this. I'm newly diagnosed
thanks in advance
brooke

brooke there is a nerve that runs that way you are describing. all the nerves run from the lower back up the spine to the neck. please seee my post whay is fibromyalgia under general discussions to explain the nerves.

Bsmoothy91,

I do get headaches like that, they turn into migraines for me and my eye feels like it is huge, going to explode with lightening like jabs of pain through it. (not saying you have headaches or migraines)
Have you used ice for it? During a migraine ice is my best friend. I use it on the back of my neck, and my eye. Also there is a nerve that runs just under you eyebrow. You can gently rub it (not too hard or you will bruise it), back and forth to help it settle down. (until you get some answers)

I get pain like this that used to be a lot worse. My neurologist said it was trigeminal neuralgia. They significantly decreased once I started taking gabapentin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back