Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/1981
Country
US
State
FL
For years, my previous doctor told me that I was exhausted and in pain because I had sleep apnea even though I never once snored or stopped breathing in my sleep. He told me I was overweight and all my pain was because I was too fat. (I don't disagree that my weight was an issue, however at this point I had lost over 200 pounds and was no longer morbidly obese.) When I felt that we were no longer connecting as patient and doctor, I found a new physician who tested me for lupus. When it came up negative, she told me she knew what the problem was: Fibromyalgia.

So I'm new to the diagnosis, but I've had the knowledge for nearly a year now. Just recently ME/CFS was added to my roster of ailments. I have been diabetic since I was 11 (type 1) and later developed type 2 - which makes me a LADA 1.5 diabetic. I have hypothyroid and PCOS as well. I am still working full time, though in the month of January I have already missed three days - two because I was unable to move due to extreme joint pain and one because of a migraine that lasted for 20 hours.

I guess I'm hoping to meet others who are trying to make the most of their illness and still find worth in the world. I struggle some days to keep pushing through the cramped up hands, weak legs and aching joints. Other days, I am very positive that I am still able to work and do many things that I love.

I am a 36 year old female tattoo artist, but I cannot work full time tattooing anymore due to osteoarthritis and neuropathy in my hands. I work full time as a quality engineer, which keeps me in a rested position for most of the day, thankfully! Things have started to get worse for me, and I'm wondering .... does this disease progress? Do you have it and then it gets worse? Does it ever get better? I'm seeking as much knowledge as possible.

Any and all information and personal insight that people can lend is appreciated. I hope that more light is shed on this disease and more research can be done. It seems like fibro and CFS are pushed to a back burner when it comes to a real push for a cause and a cure.

Hai. I am mohan 43 year old male from india. I am really struggling with this chronic fatigue syndrom since 2004.it all started with tiredness in the morning and laer developed muscle pain,soar throat etc.due to this fatigue i am not able to well in my professional life. Differnt medicines tried but no use. Now with the grace of god i am spending my days with family happily.but due to this i have limited my professional career to a certain extant.

I hope forums like this will definitely helpful for us to share our difficulties and explore any medicine is available in any where in the universe.

I am sure that our lifes are created by the almighty like others and he will show a solution for the hardship faced by us.

If possible give a reply

Yours truly

Mohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back