Khaleesi

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
PR
Hello everyone!

I am glad I found this group. I have been feeling lonely in this road. I was diagnosed on July of this year. After many tests it finally came to fibromyalgia...they ran many, many tests since they suspected Lupus first. My mom has lupus and my aunt died of renal failure due to not knowing she had lupus...

This is hard...I work 12 hours a day and this is taking a toll on me. I can barely do anything at home and it is driving me crazy. I used to have a clean and beautiful home and it is now a mess. I am trying my best to tell myself it will be okay and it will get better. But every time I see my house it makes me more and more depressed. And it's not the house...it's that the mess reminds me of my inability to do stuff the way I used to. And it sucks big time...

Yesterday the doctor found me very depressed...I cried the whole time while talking to him. He prescribed Savella. Let's see how it goes.

Also I was ordered a neck sonogram and they found a lot of inflammation of the neck's lymphatic nodules. I also have a small node on my thyroid gland...

Looking forward to this group. You can count on me for support and for reading any venting. I am here for you all!

If you read this far...thank you so much!

Wishing you all a pain free and fatigue free life!
Khaleesi :cry:

Hi there, hang in there and take comfort there are a lot of us out there. What is Savella?

Hi there, hang in there and take comfort there are a lot of us out there. What is Savella?

Savella is a new medication that is approved in the US for the treatment if fibromyalgia. In Europe is approved for fibromyalgia and depression. It comes in a box, kind of like contraceptives, and each day you have to take two pills. The doses go up like every two days.

I hope his one works...

Khaleesi,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you feel better soon. I know what your going through having had that prefectly cleaned house and also from being a housekeeper for others. Nothing makes a woman feel better than living in or coming home to a nice clean house. You might consider asking a friend to help or even hiring someone you trust to do the hard stuff. I just went from having everything looking nice, to doing the best I could and slowly pacing myself. But it is depressing.

I have friends with lupus and also friends with thyroid problems. Please let us know how things work out and if this new medication helps you feel better.

I am glad your looking forward to sharing and joining in on the forum. Post all the questions you want and of course answering others is a good way to make new friends and cheer others in need. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back