kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Does anyone else get a lot of migraines? I have had problems with migraines for quite some time. This started long before I knew or even thought I had FMS. I still think there is some connection though. It seems that when I am in the worst pain in other areas, this is also when my migraines are the worst.

Yeah, I've been getting a lot migraines often, but I think main are mostly linked to the high stress levels I'm dealing with every single day. The best thing I can do when I get them is to try to finish whatever I'm doing and go to bed. Sometimes the pain is gone the next morning, sometimes I have some pain left from the previous day... sometimes I just feel a bit bothered by the sunlight. Migraines are horrible, so I feel for you :(

That is true. I had not thought of the stress levels. I am sure everything I have to stress over does not help. I do not think that stress dirctly causes my migraines. But I am sure it is a trigger.

That is true. I had not thought of the stress levels. I am sure everything I have to stress over does not help. I do not think that stress dirctly causes my migraines. But I am sure it is a trigger.

I think stress can trigger a lot things. Take me as an example... I think stress is what keeps me from having a good night's sleep lately. I'm so worried about my finances lately & my health (my finances are bad mostly because my health is poor!) that I can barely sleep lately. It's weird, because I can't really feel stressed out at all. I know I'm stressed mostly because I can't sleep (even tho I'm super tired!).

So yeah, stress can be a silent disease! or semi silent, if you know what I mean.

I used to get horrible migraines. They had me on Immitrex, and it was the only thing that worked for me. The only problem was, it made my jaw feel really weird...Like there was pressure on it or something. Nobody would tell me why, until I met one of my friends and she was on the same drug at one point. She said since it was also a muscle relaxer and contractor, that it caused the jawline some discomfort in some patients. Luckily, I haven't gotten a bad migraine in awhile, so I haven't had to deal with the pain of the migraine, or the Immitrex!

Hi kmpisces,

I'm sorry you are getting migraines. It sounds like it could really hamper your life.

My friend with the RA gets migraines. Her trigger is an overhead fan. She is stressed out all of the time because she has RA and three kids. Throw in an overhead fan and she is in trouble.

Fortunately, she knows her trigger, so she can prevent most of them. Have you noticed anything, in addition to stress that sets them off?

I have another friend who was getting migraines a lot after her daughter was born. That process changed something in her hormones. So she is on birth control to control them. She has also stopped eating chocolate. Those two things together are keeping her migraines to a minimum. Although, she does have to plan when to go on the sugar pills a couple times a year so that she has some "spare time" to have a migraine. It stinks.

I hope that you can find your trigger soon!

Jennifer

I get migraines too, and they are very annoying and totally ruin a day or a few days. I agree with the stress bit - that always seems to make everything worse. I have actually seem multiple articles on "Stress is making you sick". I sure hope you can find what is causing yours so you can get them to go away!

I have had a fear of migraines since high school because my best friend had them every other week. Every other week; we could set our social activities by her illness.
I have, thankfully, never had one--about the only pain I haven't had! I have great respect for the Migraine Gods, they scare the heck out of me!

I use to get migranes when I was still having my monthy cycle. And I only started getting them when I was beginning menopause. So when my cycle stopped for good, the migranes stopped. I never had them before, but only for a short time. I can't remember the name of the med the dr gave me at the time, but it was one that dissolved under the tongue, but it had to be taken at the beginning of the migrane for it to work. Thank goodness I no longer have to deal with either of those things, especially dealing with fibro!

I get migraines frequently as well, I assume it is a relation with everything else. I had to go to ER a couple weekends ago because it was horrible and nothing was helping and with 4 kids running through the house there was no chance of peace and quiet. They gave me some IV meds and a bag of fluids and it helped it tremendously but I can't do that EVERYTIME I get a migraine otherwise I may as well pack up and pay a monthly rental fee on a hospital room. If anybody finds a good "antidote" for these aggravating migraines please share with us.

Yes and one way to treat them is to thoroughly hydrate with spring water throughout the day. I avoid the tap water because it is so dirty and filled with additives like flouride which you do not need. Dehydration is the top cause of headaches. Sure, you'll be running to the bathroom more if you drink water throughout the day but you'll also be cleansing your system while preventing headaches. If hydration doesn't solve the problem then give marijuana a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back