sunkacola

Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Those of us with fibro all know that stress aggravates this condition. I had a really strong example of that yesterday. Had to do my taxes, which is always a highly stressful thing for me. First, anything having to do with numbers and money has always stressed me; I know that's silly, but it always has. And second, I do not understand the tax rules and am afraid of doing something wrong. Even though I had help, by the time I was done I was in full anxiety mode and by the time I got home I was in so much pain I could hardly move. I mean everything hurt. There was no part of my body that was not on fire with pain from my toes to my head. And the pain lasted all night long, so I got no sleep, and this morning I am still in pain. The Tramadol isn't relieving it in the slightest, and I have nothing else.

I desperately wish that the doctors would be willing to give me something that I could take in these cases. Anything.

I have such a hard time with this. First, I feel stupid because A) I "should not" get stressed out the way I do, and B) the doctors will not give me anything that would help with this. It seems cruel and unreasonable to me that they will not help me with this. If they felt this kind of pain, you know they'd be taking something for it!!

I would not care if it were something that would lessen the anxiety, or a pain reliever, or what it was. Anything that would keep me from having to go through this kind of pain, or that would even cut the pain in half. I think that this is the kind of thing that would probably be relieved by MMJ, althoough of course I don't know because I have not tried it. I am just about to the point of leaving the doctor's care and just going to an MMJ doctor.

Have you tried Pot Oils? Ive heard it works for some people. Personally I havent found anything for me that doesnt put me to sleep. But I hear its been a great answer for others. I understand the frustration trying to find a Dr. That will work with me on opiats, and thats all that has ever worked. I hate Fibromyalgia!

Stress is the big killer for me too and it was a big unresolvable so hurtful trauma that pushed my fibro from ups and downs with good and bad days how you describe suddenly a big excrutiating down turn all over and within weeks i got stuck like it now for well over 2 years.

My life changed from extremely difficult to horrendous. But for me no pills so far have helped either and neither did anti anxiety meds as it was not something i could really get over or improved with time passing.

I feel for you as stress used to also send my pain rocketing but if it was something that passed like a tax return or things that take lot of responsibility then once over the stress passed the pain began to improve again.

Theres no rhyme or reason as to what stresses one person and not another..please dont beat yourself up ..you are human...plus i think our coping skills are already dented by living with the daily uncertainty and pressure fibro brings so additional pressures turn the volume up on our already depleted central nervous system.

Its a shame the tramadol doesnt help right now but i hope your pain settles and no more big stresses come your way for ages!

Thanks for the encouraging and supportive replies. Much appreciated. I feel better now....back to only the usual level of pain. Willow, I am so sorry to hear that you had a stress so bad that it put you into a permanently worse state of pain. If the kind of pain I was in the other day were to continue I simply could not live, so I don't know how you do it.

I am finding it so hard...thanks for your kind words...and glad your pain has gone back to your 'normal'. Its still not easy but after really high pain i recall the relief to be functional again.

Take Care of yourself....so pleased you are back to a level that is manageable.

I've had the worsed few months,my daughter is having mental health problems ,she self harms.dew to problems with her dad and step mum.
I can't even begin to explain the pain,heartbreak and torture I'm going through.shes only 15.
Sunkacola,I was told plain paracetamol with tramadol helps the tramadol, work a lot better.i take it together.but you should always ask your dr first.as I don't no what,other meds you take x

Oh Forgetmenot, i cant help but comment and say how sorry i am for all you are going through right now. I so hope your daughter gets some help from our mental health services....i know you are a really good mum and that as a mum myself there is nothing worse than worrying about our childrens wellbeing...and much harder when its not a short term issue that can just be fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back