Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
US
State
MI
Hello, I am new to this site and finally finding out that I have fibromyalgia, I have been taking tramadol/ultram for quite some time now and I find that it helps with the pain and tiredness, that I suffer from. Does anybody else take it and does it help?:)

may i ask how do you think it help with tiredness?

I don't know, it just does for me, it gives me a little pep, along with taking the pain away.

I take tramadol - not necessarily for my fibro pain though. I also suffer from nerve damage/pain from 2 failed neck surgeries and a frozen shoulder, as well as tendinis & bursitis in various parts of my body. It only takes the very harsh edge of the pain, enough to allow me to do basics in life.

I also often have to combine it with paracetamol on bad days. The combination of the two work pretty well in my experience. Sadly, it does not help at all with tiredness/fatigue.

I had one Dr. Tell me Tramadol helps with depression also.

Yes i believe it has anti depressant qualities.

Yes, I take tramadol. Not every day, but probably more days in a month than not. Can't remember off the top of my head what the mg dosage is, but I take 2-3 when I need it and I'm set. I am terrified of opioid-based drugs because of addiction risks, and I find myself being very mindful of how/when I take tramadol for the same reason.
I find that it helps with the pain and also gives me that pep in my step to which you referred.
The major drawback to tramadol, for me anyway, is constipation. I also take Cymbalta every day, which also makes me constipated, so it's like a double whammy of UGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back