Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
US
State
MI
Hello, I am new too this site and finding out that I have fibromyalgia, does anybody take tramadol/ultram for their pain and tiredness, I have been taking it for a while and it seems too give me some energy and helps with the pain. :lol:

I took it for awhile and It helped but it is an opioid and there is a risk of dependency on it and even though you feel better it is just masking the problem, but any break from some of the pain is nice.

welcome to the forum!

There are a number of posts here detailing everyone's experience with tramadol. As with every medication, give it a good try, but keep an open mind about all other medication (also because of tramadol's dependency issues, just like links56 mentioned). It can take months/years to find the perfect combination for each individual. Also try other methods such as exercise, yoga/stretching, breathing and meditation to control your symptoms, as well as adjusting your lifestyle to your new reality. Keeping a healthy mind is also key when battling pain & fatigue. So even if you are just having a cup of tea, make sure to fully enjoy that cup of tea, enjoy the time off (even if it is just for 15 minutes), the taste, the warmth etc. Do that with all the little things we enjoy during the day. Be it your daily shower, your breakfast/lunch/dinner, your daily commute; live the moment and try to find moments of calm in them.

It took me almost 5 years to find a combination that provided me with a small amount of relief, but even that small bit of relief is a God-Send. Ill tell you up front its not going to be easy, but keep this in mind, it will get better and even if its only a little bit better it still makes the world of difference, don't give up! If you give up, fibro wins. I wish you the best.

Tramadol is not really a good thing to take for a few reasons. One, it is addictive. After a while, one doesn't work as well so you take two, and so on, and then your body becomes addicted to it and I have heard that withdrawal is terrible.

Two, it is an opiate, and as such it is very strictly controlled. If you are dependent on it, there could be a time when you won't be able to get it, and that will be a problem for you. Because opiate addiction is becoming such a big problem in some places, the USA being one, the government is cracking down more and more on its use and doctors are more reluctant to prescribe it. One of these days it probably will no longer be available at all. Best just to stay away from such a problem-ridden drug.

I have found that taking a certain anti-depressant has helped me more than all the pain meds. (I am not going to name it, because it is not a magic pill, and you need to find the one that works for you). Might be worth a try unless you have already tried a bunch of those to no effect.

i have to say while i must be up to the individual there comes a time where we might have to go against all our instincts to not touch something like tramadol...i for one am very medication resistant but also after 7 years of managing fibro with no medication and now totally non functioning for the past 2 years and so far no medication has helped take me back to a place where my pain is tolerable.

This includes anti depressants and cocodamol and I too have now been prescribed tramadol...its very scary knowing all the side affects and withdrawals and is an internal battle...do i maybe get some low pain sleep and maybe a little activity back into my life with a horrible drug i don't want to take or do i rot away in bed.

This is a dilemma maybe those lesser affected by this disease may not have to face.

Last edited:
My experienced with Ultracet (ultram) was not very pretty. All of my fibro symptoms had graduated to something different after I started taken them to the point that I had to completely stop it on my own .

When I first started Ultracet i thought it was good at first , it got rid of my headaches migraine, sinusitis got better I able to sleep . Yet I notice my heart was fluttering non stop. Before I knew it my stomach problem became much worsen. That's when I started to experiencing dry mouth and unquenchable thirst, and my hyperventilation gone wild. I've gotten all of their horrible side effects. Started becoming more unrestful sleep , lots of vivid dreams, and maybe just maybe it was one of the biggest contributed to my Non-24 sleep/wake disorder.

If you find it help I'm happy for you. But please beware of the side effects cause those side effects might stay after you already withdrawn from it.

My post disappeared. I was diagnosed in 3/2000.
I've tried 》 Celebrex , Lyrica , Cymbalta. All with bad side effects.

I am currently on Tramadol and Flexeril , and I take Naprosyn at bed time to help me sleep. NO SIDE EFFECTS.�� No addiction issues. Been on a Tramadol 2 years. Flexeril off and on thru out my life.
My doctor will not give me any other medication for pain. It's so unfair to hurt so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back