Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hmm
There was a thread on foot pain but its closed n not much help
im feeling desperate as my feet feel like lead blocks, working out is difficult, i trained as a dancer pre fibro n try to not let chronic pain hinder me.
i wear nhs inner soles for my flat feet, i havent worn heels for years but the foot pain is getting me down n threatens my independance.
i have pain clinic in a few weeks but til then any advice would be appreciated.
I swim n do yoga 3x a week, do a lot of stretching and into trp massage.
Its the tendons on top of foot ankle joint n arche, feet feel heavy n toes slightly numb
are there any products, shoes, orthopedic, exercises that i could be doing to ease the pain. I shuffle along like quasimodo!
i am 29 n been suffering for 4 years now so u youngens i completey get the despair. Wishing u all low pain :roll:

welcome,im sorry you are having this. i dont have anything to say on the feet. i would document the pain areas and pain levels. get ready for the doctor. write down anything you can about the feet, have questions prepared for the doctor before you get there. my wife has bone spurs in her foot. not sure it's the same. good luck at the doctor.

I've taking meloxicam for 6 month stretches in the past to alleviate planter fasciitis which is a common condition in the fibro world. If the flair last more then 3 months I actually ask to go back on it. I don't think its good to be on an NSAID for long periods of time or indefinitely, but that all depends on your level of pain and what works for you. If you find your trigger try to avoid it or minimize it. Unfortunately a lot of times the trigger activities are things that are hard to avoid for instance I work 3-12 hour shifts a week and run a small business from my home so being on my feet and avoiding it is difficult. Volteran topical gel can be used on all areas of the body and it works. If you haven't tried it start there and then weigh your options with the meloxicam.

I too have used meloxicam for arthritis and feet pain. I have found that Piroxicam daily has helped. Pretty similar, but recommended I switch too. I have been on it for about 6 or 7 years. I tried going off of it and the arches and heals of my feet just start hurting so much worse....

Hopefully you will get some answers from the pain clinic. Hugs to you!

Not great with forums lol. Thanks for replies. I have purchased some compression socks and will chat to doc at pain clinic. Good to know I'm not alone with this and it's a common fibro gripe. It's a lil peace of mind.
Going to buy skechers go walk when I can afford. Are there really good insoles!? My nhs ones aren't up to the job. Il keep an eye out for triggers bt seems to be when I forget to wear my insoles. I'm hobbling lol. Hope everyone is well ��

I went to 2 foot drs over the last yrs. The first one had told me it felt like planters but he wanted to rule out cancer. He gave me a boot to wear at night for a month and go from there, I couldn't sleep at night or walk during the day. Next foot dr. Sent me to a place to have a ridicules contraption custom made, that hopefully would knock out the problem, it was worse than the first but more expensive.

I use Superfeet insoles for plantar fasciitis that were recommended by my rheumatologist. I paid about $35 here in the US and it was worth the investment. They do help with pain as did investing in a good pair of sneakers with good arch and heel support.

I too have Superfeet. They are good. What I find helps me is periodically changing shoes. When I do I get an Ahhhh feeling for a little while, until I need to do it again. I also have a foot roller that I roll my feet over, back and forth. I roll my feet along the bottom and sides while I'm sitting in my recliner. It helps a bit too....

Funny you should mention the roller, terbaer. I recently got a pedicure courtesy of a friend that included a wonderful foot and lower leg massage. My feet felt sooo good at the end. I've been rolling my feet every night since to try to replicate some of the massage.

What a relief it can be too to use the foot roller. Mine I've used so long it's starting to fall apart! I need to find another one before it really gives out. I still also have success with changing shoes after a couple of hours, tho I don't need to resort to that as much now that I'm not working.

I also get a massage about every 3 weeks. My massage therapist is great at hitting those painful points and helping to relieve the pain.

When it's at its worst, I can't even sleep at night. Been that way for the past 2 nights, unfortunately.

I am new to the forum and I have problems with charlie horses/cramps in my feet. I have tried various suppliments but I continue to have them. Sometimes I don't have issues but other times it's one cramp after the other. I can see the nerve in my foot jumping. I've kinda gotten used to it and just keep stretching my calves and my feet.

My biggest issue is standing. I can't stand in one place for very long. My calves hurt. I have pain on the sides of my legs and get tired. I have tried every Dr. Scholls insert out there and nothing helps. I don't think I have planters facetious. I walk when I can to keep moving and do ok for the most part, but this leg/foot thing is very frustrating. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gkrzygrl, Have you tried potassium? That helps a lot for cramps. I'm told pickle juice (no lie!) also works immediately for cramps and charlie horses. Got this one from a good friend that has cramp problems. Magnesium also is good for muscles and is a natural muscle relaxer.

Have you tried Superfeet? That is one that works pretty good. I too can't stand for very long. My feet start throbbing and my legs get weak.

Those are just a few quick thoughts that might help. Good luck!....

Thanks for the suggestions. I do take Potassium and Magnesium. I also take Tumeric and recently tried Primrose and Brewers Yeast pills which are supposted to help with cramping. Nada. No such luck.

I am not familier with superfeet. There is a Good Feet store in our area, for people with planters fasciitis. But I haven't gone down that road yet.

It is very frustrating. I can walk for 20 minutes(exercise), but can't stand in one place or go shopping which includes stopping standing and general walking around without my calves and my legs starting to hurt. I don't get weak. Just get tired.

hello GBkrzygrl, welcome to the group.
i was reading another post you said that when if you have additional pain when you get home from work that you take a 1/2 baclofen.
baclofen is a muscle relaxer not for pain. the cramps are the muscles and the baclofen should be helping you with that. make sure you document it in your daily log book as it might not be working at all and your wasting your money on the drug.

You said:I can see the nerve in my foot jumping.
I have neuropathy and i cant see my nerves jumping. as i learned from my neurologist, the nerves can shake back and forth. jumping/jerking is the muscle. im not sure what you are seeing jump. it maybe a vain that runs across the foot. you would also feel pins and needles or like your foot going to sleep due to the vain. your nerve shaking would also cause the back of the skin to burn. ive had the nerve damage in my wrist for many years and ive never seen the nerve. please if you get that checked out and it is a nerve please let me know. as the gabbi should be taking care of the nerve.

if you havent started your daily log book please start it right away. see my post under general discussions "starting a daily log book and why it helps"

keep me posted please. you found many good folks here to vent and get information.

BTW you mentioned that you want a place to talk about meds that work for us. we all have different reactions to meds so what works for me will not work for others. sorry. see my post "what is fibromyalgia" and it will anwser you questions on the meds we take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back