Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
UK
State
cwmbran
Hi. I'm Rochelle. Just joined this forum as in the middle of a particularly bad flare up and feel the need to reach out to others like me. I have been diagnosed for 12 years now and really hate this crippling condition that has taken so much of my life already. I have had to change jobs because I can no longer manage the physical aspect of my role as a nurse anymore; my children get very frustrated with my inability to do most activities with them and my husband waked out at the start of the year because "my illness has changed how he feels about me and he just sees me as someone he has to look after". This was meant to just be a hello not a moan and whine about how rubbish everything is but I am feeling a little sorry for myself tonight as I am exhausted but pain is keeping me awake.... again.... for a change.

Hi Rochelle - I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so badly. I think the lack of support and information and understanding is just as difficult as the pain. My husband has no clue about me having Fibromyalgia. He doesn't even acknowledge it. I guess it's just too annoying for other people to deal with or something! It's a really lonely struggle.

Hi Rochelle my heart goes out to you and i can identify so much with your feelings. I recently joined feeling much the same.

It is hard enough dealing with the pain and loss of our former selves and our own inner knowledge we are not the same to be around despite desperately wanting the old carefree us.

It is agony when our loved ones get fed up and voice what we fear... that we are no longer all the things we want and they want.

We try so hard to be for them and ourselves everything we can be and need more love and understanding and approval to keep our spirits up...not less.

It makes me tearful just to read how it must feel for your husband to walk out on you.

You are brave and amazingly strong just to keep going...he is weak and quite frankly selfish not to stick by you.

Please stay here and tell us about yourself ...vent and get support. We all understand. hugs to you.

I get so angry when I hear how so called loved ones dump u when u need them most.ill never marry again ,
Anyway welcome and I hope we can help u along your path x

Rochelle, I wish I could give you a hug. I am so sorry for what you are dealing with. I cannot imagine how tough it must be to manage this sickness and be a parent too!

I am happy to listen to you "vent." Hopefully it is helpful to get some of it off your chest. Perhaps it can ease your burden even a
Little bit.
JoAnnOC

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Everything always feels so much worse in the middle of a flare up, but my children keep me going. They have a better understanding of my limitations than most adults. On a twisted note it is good (in a not so good way) to know that we are not alone and what we suffer is not in our heads and is actually very real for us and millions like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back