Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
US
State
TX
Although this is a forum about Fibromyalgia, the information in this video series relates to big pharma, and the profit in cancer (and other) medical treatments and medications. Personally, I'd rather the industry focus on a cure, rather than toxic treatments. The videos are extremely interesting, and if nothing else, will make you think. Everyone in my family other than a few, has died from cancer. I am anticipating dealing with this issue soon, and a friend shared this with me, and I wanted to do the same for those who are interested in watching/listening to this series.

Do a web search on the True About Cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, I have never really trusted the pharma business and I'm pretty sure it's thanks to them we still don't have a cure. It's scary, but nowadays it's all about the money. Those people who still think the pharma business really cares about curing diseases, and that they have our best interest in mind are so naive... A single chemo session where I live costs so much! It's a business for them, no doubt about it.

It is a fact that the medical industry profiteers from the misery of sufferers. Thats why some companies resist issuing concessions for production of generic drugs which would reduce their astronomical bottom lines. The pecking order in the supply again industry makes matters worse through their rapaciousness and its common to find patients buying drugs at 3 times the cost of production. This can be ameliorated by governmental and private health agencies focusing more on the preventive rather the the curative approach.

You're welcome @Trellum, I hope if you watch them, you will glean some information that can help you. I've still only watched the first one, but they mentioned some doctors' names, as well as other treatments, so the others probably do the same.

I think it's important to keep an open mind about treatments. I don't think all doctors or those who go into the medical field, whether from a treatment or research perspective are evil, but I do think the field, particularly here in the United States, is skewed in one direction, which is primarily expensive treatments and medications, that are often out of reach for those of us on the bottom rungs of society. Even if I had top of the line insurance and an unlimited budget, I've seen so much suffering with chemotherapy and radiation that I am not sure I would take them. Hopefully I won't be put in a position of making that decision anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back