Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
I have been having pain in my teeth for as long as I can remember. The pain radiates to the gums and sorrounding tissues causing inflammation. I don't attribute it to FM but have learnt that it is related to FM. Oral burning sensations seem to be prevalent in patients with FM which is itself not a disease but a syndrome. TMJ (the joint that connects to the jawbone and the skull) can develop disorders resulting in FM. There sensations of dental pain are as a result of facial tender point.

I'm sorry your having this pain, I remember just before I got diagnosed I was starting to have this kind of pain. I'm not sure I found anything that helped, it just kinda eased up as the gabby started working. I've had severe fibro days since but my teeth and gums haven't hurt in a good while. I wish I could tell you something that helps ease it but I'm at a loss on this one. My dentist did tell me I was grinding my teeth in my sleep. Have you checked that?

I was diagnosed with TMJ a while ago, but ever since i stopped biting my nails I feel so much better. Have you asked your dentist's opinion, or maybe seen several dentists? Maybe you do what my ma does... she grinds her teeth while she sleeps, apparently i do too, so I developed ''tauri''. She uses a special cover to prevent that from happening and feels much better now. She has also stopped biting her nails :)

I was diagnosed with TMJ a while ago, but ever since i stopped biting my nails I feel so much better. Have you asked your dentist's opinion, or maybe seen several dentists? Maybe you do what my ma does... she grinds her teeth while she sleeps, apparently i do too, so I developed ''tauri''. She uses a special cover to prevent that from happening and feels much better now. She has also stopped biting her nails :)

That happened to my little brother 2 years ago, he also had the same habit of biting his nails all day long, now a days he feels better thanks to a lot of medication he had to take whe nthat happened, some weird stuff.

I've had Fibro for over ten years now almost twenty now that I think about it. I just join this forum tonight. It's nice to know I'm not alone with the burning sensation in the gums. The burning sensation comes and goes since 2008 for me. My dentist claims I clench my teeth at night or grind. She suggested to stop chewing gum. I have done that. She also suggested a mouth guard which does help but if I get in a very relaxed state while sleeping it just falls out. Honestly, when I am less ,stressed the burning sensation totally goes away on it's own. I suggest drinking warm to hot beverages this also calms down the sensations.

I have facial and jaw pain most of the time and get the burning gums and mouth and tooth pain too. It started after a period of prolonged stress and affects eating and especially talking.

If i have a chat with a friend on the phone i use ice after on my jaw face and forehead as it stirs it up so much and I end up with a migraine too.

Pills don't help ..just complete silence and laying still in dark.

My best friend in college had TMJ. She would grind her teeth badly in her sleep. She was in a car accident just after graduation; had whiplash and problems with her arms for about 6 months. Fast-forward 20 years, and she had started coming down with fatigue, widespread pain. She ultimately had been diagnosed with RSD, which they assumed was a result from the car accident. She never mentioned if TMJ has been discussed as something that may have made her predisposed, but now I wonder.

I've also been diagnosed with TMJ, grind my teeth, and have a night guard somewhere. It's years old and needs to be adjusted, but there's no point in doing it just yet, since I need some more work done first. I have had an ongoing issue for years with an upper crown that just never felt right to me, and now am dealing with a bacterial infection in that area which has spread throughout my body. Yesterday, a dental x-ray (I've had plenty of them over the years, and this has never been mentioned until now) showed what looks to be a piece of a dental tool that apparently broke off into my gum. I can't tell you how much money I've spent over the years going back and forth between dentists and doctors, one saying it's dental, the other saying it's sinus related, and here I am years and many dollars later, still dealing with the issue, and trying to recuperate from the infection. I'm hoping once this issue is resolved, that some of my pain and inflammation will decrease, as well, and I'll be at least a little more functional than I have been.

Gosh Warrior Princess that sounds an awful combination of problems....it just goes to show the doctors don't really know and struggle themselves with diagnosis when things are not straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back