Not open for further replies.

morgan6719ab

Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
nevada
would like to know if anyone has trouble sleeping in the same bed with husband because
of fibromyalgia...

Yup sleeping with someone else can be difficult when you have Fibro. Sometimes when he moves/rolls over it is enough to cause me pain. My Hubby is very good and tries to not touch me or move too much. We have a queen size bed and he is thinking we should get a king size so there is more room/space between us.

Yes, sometimes it's just not comfortable and can be downright painful. I also co-sleep and have a toddler next to me. He, however, causes me a lot more pain than she does. When he lays on the mattress, it pushes down in such a way that it causes pain in my hip. If he puts his arm over me a certain way it hurts me as well.

There's really no way for me to avoid it unless we get a bigger bed or he sleeps on the couch.

One thing can be very helpful in these cases is to buy a cotton fiber bed pad or a feather or foam pad depending on what you like best. I am not talking about a regular mattress pad. These fiber beds are about 3 inches thick and are placed on top of your mattress, but under the sheets. They provide an extra layer of comfort to your overly sensitive muscles and make you feel like your sleeping on a cloud.

I have used them for years, even when we had a waterbed, I still needed that extra cushioning or my legs and hips ached constantly. They can be found in most department stores like walmart or on line. They come in all bed sizes twin, full, queen and king. Most beds feel too hard to me and without my fiber bed I would not be able to sleep. :)

I don't have that problem right now, but I might have it very soon. I really dislike sleeping with other person in the same bed, I'll be staying at my boyfriend's place soon... for 1 month or so, it's not going to be easy! I can tell you that! I hope he's not all over me when we wake up, I haf a boyfriend who liked to get as close to me as possible... leaving me with no space to stretch or anything like that! I'd love to have my own bed while I'm there, but oh well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back