Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS?

FROM THE TOP OF MY FOOT TO THE TOP OF MY CALF FEELS LIKE MY TISSUES ARE TURNING TO LEATHER INSIDE, AND PAINFUL. LAST NIGHT iI iced it for a while, but I still awken with it this morning, includeing tops of both feet. Im so glad I have you guys to vent to. I cant share with my family. I just watched a u tube of this very nice couple, SHE has fibro and her husband is sooooo supportive, even as far as to make a vidio with her.

was it accompanied by a burning sensation as well? I dont quite know how 'turning to leather' might feel like (it is me, I lack the ability to describe different sorts of pain) I used to have that a few years back, I wrapped them up with a bandage, tight, I don't know, somehow wrapping things up makes me feel better - it could be placebo or just this feeling that the pain is visible when you put a bandage on it (does that make sense? when you have a broken arm/leg, it is obvious. With fibro, everything is invisible and I hate it. Not just for the outside world, but also for me. hard to explain)

It might also help keeping your legs elevated, and if you can, massage your legs with a nice cream. I say 'nice' cream, because for me texture and smell are so important. Even if it does nothing, I love using creams, for the feeling and the smell.

I have also seen videos online with supportive husbands and I was also filled with mixed feeling of jealousy, frustration and sadness.

Need to vent on this as well; just the other day, I was having the worst morning (period cramps, sleepless sweaty night, cramped muscles in my neck & shoulders, a horrible headache, diarrhea etc), I was laying down on the couch, looking and feeling really miserable. All I could do was lay down and shake. Then my mom invites her friend into our living room, I am like WTF!!! I had to run back to my bedroom to hide. It made me sooo angry. Like can't you see I am sick? couldn't take your friend into the kitchen, or not invite her over at all? It makes me angry. and it really hurts as well. The people we live with, day in, day out, even they don't see the suffering in front of them.....

Im sorry but....wtf that cracked me up!! Yep people dont get it. ..... Its so hard to find refuge. I am very sensitive to loud noise, yelling screaming and certian noise pitches, My husband is deaf and Im CONSTANTLY asking him to turn things down. I too think wtf is wrong with you????.

also I ordered compression socks, what a relief!!!!! thanks for responding, it can get discourageing when no one answers.

I'm glad the compression socks helped a bit moe. It's so hard trying to find the best ways to alleviate the pain, discomfort etc that we experience and such a relief when something actually works even if it is only short term. I can't quite understand the feeling you describe but every night I get terrible restless legs, it's so uncomfortable. I had surgery on my varicose veins a couple of months ago as that's what I thought was causing the discomfort but nope! Either that or the surgery didn't work!

I know what you mean about it being discouraging when people don't respond to your posts, I've seen posts with 60 views, maybe more but often there are very few replies or worse still, none at all.

Take care. Lou

I just saw this post today , I'm so glad your socks help cause I use them too! . It works! Maybe leather is quite a hard terms to understand and not many people here suffer the same thing so maybe most people might get a big question mark in their head reading the word leather feet. Cause it's not easy to grasp what turning in to leather is like to many people.

For me sometime it felt like the skin of my feet has turned in to stones some time cold stones sometime hot stones. I guess for most people could only related if I calling it tingling numbing pain , which to me still doesn't make sense cause if it's numbing why is it so painful there? and it doesn't feel just numbing tingling , it's like my skin stiffing solid yet hurts like being stuck in the solid ice burning partially hyperthermia or something. :confused:

Maybe it's different than yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back