Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AR
So I have a book I wrote. I actually wrote a book. I had the prequel published online for a while, but found out, my ex who edited it, didn't do that great of a job with the editing. Ever since then, I haven't had the motivation to write. I mean, this book is already written. I have every part of it, I just need to go through and edit it. But I guess I have lost interest. My father read the prequel and was very proud of me.

I have another book that is almost complete and like 20 more ideas. Is this just me going through the motions or temporary? Is it because I think of my ex when I write? Or is this just something I need to give time or try to come up with some daily challenges?

Any suggestions?

Please try and continue to preticipate in your interests. Since I was diagnosed, Ive lost interest in so many of my hobbies and fun things I used to do. I used to make Hand made pens out of wood and plastic. Woodworking, alot of outdoor activities, so many different things. The only hobby I keep up with is my model railroading hobby. But not like I used to. I use a computer simulator Train game instead of actual model railroading. I am so aggervated in myself for loosing interest in my hobbies. Im trying to get back into my hobbies. Since I stop having interest in them, Ive gotten far more depressed. Very depressed. It wasnt till I got back into my trains that I started feeling less depression. So please try very hard to keep up your hobbies.

Set a small limit....daily..your heart is not in it right now..but if you agree to get at least small steps each day, maybe it will regain your interest again..kind of fake it til you make it : )

I have a couple thoughts about this. First and foremost, no author wants to edit. It's all work and no fun. Authors will do it because they need to in order to publish the book and make money. So the interest that you need to have in order to do the editing is the interest in having your work published and for sale.

Secondly, fibro and CFS drain your mental energy. I lost interest in most things I loved for quite a while. I even lost the ability to read a book, because I didn't have the mental energy to absorb what I was reading. I used to read all the time - I have a huge collection of books. Don't blame yourself, but recognize if this is just a fatigue issue or not.

I've been recovering very slowly, and I've been slowly regaining my creative energies. I've been working on writing a fan fiction (nothing serious, just something to get me back in a writing groove.) I've also been attempting drawing again. I don't have the stamina to do much creative work at a time, but I do what I can and I'm enjoying it... finally!

It could be that writing reminds you of your ex or it could be that you are burning out some at this point in time. I think that if you've done all of this writing already that is a great thing and maybe if you do just take a little bit of time and take a break from writing that your drive to write will be something that will come back to you.

Try and remember what drove you into this interest, find that passion that you had and use it to complete you mission.

Yes as someone has allready stated, editing your own work is hard. If you can't do it then get someone to help
Tell your publisher and he can appoint a proof reader for you. I have almost finished a book on model submarine engineering, not an easy book to edit, but by re reading it over and over im getting through the
task slowly. I have had people read what i have done so far and they say it's fine, so despite my foggy brain
when i try and do any paperwork, my book is coming on nicely.

I just need a publisher....
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back