Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
OH
[/I I am looking for a way to exercise to lose weight and firm up muscles- especially my belly. I do a very gentle acquasize class three times a week, mostly for joint movement. Any aerobic exercise exhausts me within minutes, and if I overdo even a little, I pay for it for several days. Am I doomed to be fat and flabby? Any suggestions?

Hi there. I purchased two books just after I was diagnosed that have helped me maintain some fitness. I like "Exercise for Fibromyalgia" because it helps you work your way up as your body responds by illustrating different levels of exertion. Each exercise also tells you what area of your body is impacted by the exercise. I set up a progressive regimen from the book and exercise every other day. The other book is "Yoga for Fibromyalgia" which demonstrates modified yoga positions. I have a routine that I use every day along with by morning stretches. This book also features beginner sequences that you can follow. Both books recognize that we have different levels of endurance due to pain and fatigue and offer shorter routines for bad days. Start slow and go slow. You don't have to do all the exercises at once in the beginning. Try doing one or two a couple times throughout the day to avoid overdoing it. The books were $15 each. If you can't afford the books, there are online sites as well. (We can't post links.) Hope you find something that works.

i use a body blade in short easy fun workouts.

I use a stationary bike because of my bad knees, and am going to try Tia Chi.

Water therapy was suggested for me but I live too far from a pool that offers this.

Try walking. alternate exercises like swimming, gym . yoga has been best for me, because it allows you to stretch without being strenuous.

Thank you everybody- these are all great tips! Loftpat- do you know the author of your books? I will look for them!

The exercises book was written by William Smith and the yoga book by Shoosh Lettick Crotzer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one on u tube of all places. God bless don't give up. You will most likely have good and bad days.
The one thing that drives me nuts is when my brain is feeling like it's all scrambled. I just want to hide in my room and pray that no one will disturbed me. I'm not sure if fibro is related to this but....when my Sweet Mother passed, pretty sure I had a mental breakdown, she was on do not recessatate . So basicly she suffivcated, The Nurse told me she could hear so I prayed the Lord's prayer, and heard her last breath. Right after she died her husband's brothers wife, started pawing through all her stuff, such as it was. My Mom would express her frustration with this well meaning person, so I could just see my Mom's face, and that look, that only Moms and daughters know, so I began to laugh, but then I couldn't turn the laugh off. Pretty crazy.

My Brother had to come in the room and tell me to stop, it was bad enough my Mom died, but...I just added insult to injury.
While my Mom was alive and I could help, I always gave her a pedicure, so when I went to see her in her last moments, I lifted the sheets to check her feet, they were purple, her nails had noticeably not been taken care of. Anyway I just went right into putting lotion on her feet, she pulled back, to obviously say ouch! I felt Soooo bad, one of the nurses confided in me that this is one of the first thing a dieing person goes through. I'll never forget it .

Here's one thing that happened about 5 days before I got the er call, my Mom called me and said "somethings wrong, like she could not say over the phone. I told her she was in good hands, she said "you know this? Then who is attending me? To this day I wonder if there was foul play.
Is it true that for a dieing persons feet to turn purple or black they most
likely had been poisened?

moe,
No, my dad died at home from Parkinson's disease. He feet were very discolored. His body just was shutting down his various systems at the same time.
What a horrible disease it is! (Parkinson's)

Of all strange things, I've found that very gentle horseback riding is okay for my body. Who would have thought?

Cindykay, the exercise book was written by William Smith, M.S. and the yoga book by Shoosh Lettick Crotzer.

Do a web search.

Last edited by a moderator:
not thought of that.
As i have fallin off a horse twice i tend to think of the pain that has caused me.
thanks for sharing.

Ooo- think my health insurance would pay for a horse?;) thanks again everyone- it is so good to connect with folks who understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back