Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
Hi. I was diagnosed with Fibro this past Aug. for a long time my GP thought most of my symptoms (pain, TMJ, tingling in hands and feet, muscle cramps and twitching, headaches, fatigue) were stress and anxiety related as my mom's health over the past year has been declining and and was finally diagnosed with ALS last May. However after sending me to Rhuemy he diagnosed my Fibro but really feels that it might clear up eventually when stress reduces. My mom passed away 3 weeks ago and still feel terrible but was wondering if Fibro can flare and then go away permanently?

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but it is my understanding that if you have fibro it will be a life long problem. Some days it will be worse than others but it never goes away completely. P.S. Sorry about your mom.

I read somewhere that there is some cases that fibro may not be permanent, but last 20-30 years. That's still a very long time!

Unfortunately, if you truly have fibro, it is not going anywhere soon.

I agree. The stress could have triggered the Fibro to start. It is one of the key items that can spark it. I was under extreme stress when mine started, and no I don't think it goes completely away. You may have very minimal symptoms and if so - that's great. But be careful about things, don't over due yourself, or push yourself because you can cause a full blown fibro episode and then you will really know what fibro is.

My fibro symptoms started in 2001 and is still with me. But I only hope that some smart researcher will find what causes fibro and how to treat it. I

I also heard that it is a life time illness, you will have good days and bad days. The best thing for you to do is keep your stress level down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back