Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello I am Pollen. I was diagnosed late last year with Fibromyalgia although I have been suffering for quite some time. I had to stop working in 2010 and at the time we didn't know what exactly the problem was but now we know! I tried Cymbalta but was very anxious on it and had paranoid delusions and hallucinations, very scary thing to experience. I tried Lyrica and gained 40 pounds in a few months 20 of it right before my wedding. Lyrica also stopped me from feeling joy, it was so strange, caused me to become very depressed. Now I am on Nabilone, it is working very well. The most functional I have been in years! As for acute pain flare ups I prefer tramadol but it isn't covered by my health plan and it is costly in Canada. Being on disability money is very tight. I am currently trying to find something that is covered so that I can get out of bed on my bad days but my only options that are covered are, tylenol 3s which don't help me, oxycodone which I will likely try next, morphine which drops my blood pressure and makes me nauseous and fentanyl patches which my pain doctor recommends but I am weary of such a heavy narcotic. I also have IBS and bowel adhesions that constantly hurt and cause a permanent partial obstruction in my bowel. My gods is that painful! It also makes narcotics iffy for me because of the constipation they cause. The non Fibro info about me, I am a 25 year old woman, got married last August to my amazing husband. He is currently living in the US until we can complete his immigration to Canada as I cannot afford to live there because of my medical needs although I constantly travel to stay with him for a while (oh gods how I hurt after the flights) We met online gaming! I enjoy video games, sci fi, fantasy shows movies and books. Terry Goodkind's novels have gotten me through some pretty rough times in my life so have Buffy episodes when my fibro fog prevents me from being able to read. I am a sexual abuse survivor, suffer from PTSD and generalized anxiety. I am currently undergoing High Performance Nurofeedback to help with the PTSD and anxiety. ( thank you mom and dad for the funding ) I am very lucky to have supportive parents and a supportive husband but they don't always get it. It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't live with Fibro that everything has a cost and you need to know how much you have to spend each day and then decide which things to spend that energy on without pushing yourself too far you cannot leave you bed for the next few days. It's frustrating. So many things I want to do. I want kids some day but I have no idea if I could even make it through a pregnancy let alone care for a child. I want to go back to school and work helping others. I am sure a lot of you with fibro, chronic pain and chronic fatigue syndrome understand where I am coming from here. We can tough it out but always at a cost. It's so frustrating not being able to live my life because of this, but at least I now know why. I am making lifestyle changes slowly but surely, working on getting physio covered and finding meals without things I am sensitive to. ( tomatoes and grains are the bane of my existence ) I'm pushing on even though it's hard. I'm not giving up but I am willing to take the breaks I need without feeling guilty about it. Okay the not feeling guilty about taking care of myself needs work but I'm trying. I'm here looking for support, looking to support others too. Thanks for reading my long intro! Congrats on making it through one of my lectures as my husband calls it. :p

Hi! Welcome!

Congratulations on your recent marriage!

Welcome pollen.
It does help to release
And if lecture is your outlet
Then keep going. Friend me if
You like n ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back