Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Au
State
Queensland
Hi my name is Sal, I live in Brisbane Australia and I have had fibro twice now.
The first time was 21 years ago after a stressful lifestyle and was cured completely by pregnancy.
The second time (4 years ago but more seriously in last 2 years) was precipitated by a stressful event.
I suffer pain and have been on morphine for 2 years though gave that up 6 months ago and have been on Lyrica 350mg for 8 months now. I also take A.L.A. for neuropathy. My pain and weakness are all over though my neck is the worse. I am going to see a Rheumatologist in a month. My GP has been treating me and has put me on the list to see the Persistent Pain Clinic. I have brown fog and a low tolerance to stress. I cannot sit or stand for too long. I get anxiety and sometimes depression. I am not on any drugs.
I am married with 2 grown up sons (21 & 18yo) who live at home and attend uni. I used to work as a Social Worker.
I hope to make some friends and get some support and advice. Thank you. Sx

Welcome sal. Fibro does go away for a lot of ppl while pregnant .but it is only suppressed, it never goes away.
And a flare can last days weeks or months for some.i hope u find coming here helpful there's always someone who knows just what your going through.

Welcome sal. Fibro does go away for a lot of ppl while pregnant .but it is only suppressed, it never goes away.
And a flare can last days weeks or months for some.i hope u find coming here helpful there's always someone who knows just what your going through.
HI There,
Thanks so much for replying to me, much appreciated. I have always wondered why mine was suppressed (I thought it can gone away as I climbed a mountain, ran and swam daily, in fact had a really a wonderful life as an actor then as a writer (published and produced). I did my Masters degree and was about to do my PHD) CFS was a long forgotten thing. I have read that the hormone relaxin could be the suppressant, but cannot find anywhere that still sells the supplements. What are your thoughts on the reason why pregnancy suppressed my CFS for so long? (I know you don't have a crystal ball!)
Anyway I am just happy to be here amongst friends. Sal:)

Well sal ,I think when your pregnant your body is flooded with hormone that do just as u say relax the body from the inside out.
I'm not sure if tricking the body with a suplement would work or not ,but I'm going to ask my dr as anything is worth a shot.
Some poor ppl feel worse when pregnant ,I no I was sick everyday for 9 whole months.but my fibro went away till my baby was three months old.
I really feel the stress of life is a big facter weather u love your life or not.stress is underrated .i don't mean the kind when u say God I'm stressed .i mean daily life work work work .dont matter what u do but let's face facts unless your rich u anit got a lot of chosse but to work.
It that or aliens have been poking us about and dumping us back before we wake up. Don't even wanna think where the probe goes �� :)
Lol

What is brown fog?

Hi Forgetmenot,
Let me know what your Doc says about it. I haven't got that far I've tried to find out where you can get it from but it's been unavailable for a number of years as a supplement. They are just treating me with the Lyrica and am waiting to see Rheumatologist. I have also been looking at Bovine Colostrum. It sounds plausible. I wonder if anyone on the forum has tried that? I am going to as it is easy to buy as a supplement. It's does some of the things that the relaxin hormone does to the body. As you say anything is worth try. It's weird how some pl like yourself got ill again shortly after pregnancy. I had an extremely stressful time after birth, my son was born disabled and 5 weeks later my brother died suddenly. If anyone should have gone back to fibro it was me? Strange. But it's a strange illness, different for everyone isn't it? Sal

Hi Forgetmenot,
Part 2 of my reply! I forgot (brain not good today:()

Yes I agree though that stress can bring it on in the first place and cause it to come back or flare. My second bout (this one) was caused by stress. Chemo and the ensuing 4 years that followed by anxiety and what I know now to be the steady growing of a lovely revisit to fibro town:?:
I'm happy to blame the Aliens, I think they beat me up with that probing stick after they finished probing LOL:) Sal

God I'm sorry u had such a rough time with your son bless his heart.
My brother killed himself and so did his wife, it's so stressful I no I got worse after that. I hope your son is doing ok xhugs

Moe1959 I think sal meant brain not brown lol

Hi Forgetmenot,
My boy is now an 18 yo man and has a girlfriend, going to uni and has a good life with lots of friends. He's doing really well thanks so much for being concerned. He has been my life's work. I have tried to balance this with my eldest boy (21).
You poor dear coping with the grief of a suicide is a very difficult thing. I have a friend who's brother suicided and she has PTSD. IT's just awful, my deepest sympathies to you. Sal

Ty for the kind words ,funny thing is my elder son is 19 living with his girlfriend,working together.other sons 17 working .just to two girls at home now. My god where does the time go

Hi Forgetmenot,
I wonder that nearly everyday. Where does the time go? AT least we have our beautiful kids and they are getting on with their lives whilst worrying about a mum in pain. My 18 yo said to me last week "Will you be better soon Mum?" I said yes and I'll get back to work and have fun everyday! Small lie........Sal

Are you still working Cal? God bless you, and We are very happy to have another friend on line.

Omgosh! I didn't even think of that. What a dork. Lmao

You toooo! Lol, Dam Aliens! Just can't keep them in one spot long enough for a question. ..��������

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back