Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IRE
State
Westmeath
Hello everyone! I'm a student in Ireland. I haven't been having a great year so far. Before Easter, I was struck down with a heavy virus, I missed a week of school. I slept for hours and I couldn't do anything. Fast forward to the start of May and I suffered with severe GI problems. We all assumed it was Chron's because my uncle has it. I ended up in the ER twice. Once with abdominal cramping and another at 12 am, a few days after because I felt like I was having a heart attack. I was given scopes and scans and the doctor concluded it was IBS. That was a relief because after seeing my uncle nearly die from Chron's, I didn't want to have to go through that. I count myself very fortunate. At the start of June, my IBS was 'normal.' By normal, no cramping. I was becoming increasingly tired, from not sleeping. (Overactive bladder which I still have. I'm up usually 10 times a night.) I started to notice that I had muscle aches, nausea, vision problems. Since I am not doing many strenuous things, I have not been suffering from fatigue, I rest when I need to. I know this will be detrimental once I get back to school, I know I will struggle with classes. I do get the occasional bout of brain fog when the pain is really bad. The doctor did the points test and I had 13 tender points. She concluded it was fibromyalgia along with costochondritis(In the mornings, my neck cramps up so badly I can't move it and at first I was terrified that it was meningitis. I have not had a lumbar puncture yet or any other related scans.

Recently, now two months on, I am not on any medications. I am on vitamin supplements and a GI bacteria powder. They cannot give me antidepressants because my body weight is so low and I'm too young.
A worrying symptoms has popped up. Muscle twitching, my muscles feel like an electric current is being pumped through them. This is only affecting my hands which twitch and shake (albeit tremendously mildly) and right my thumb twitches for no reason, I swear it looks like I'm trying to type in morse code. .... . .-.. .--.
It's annoying due to it's persistency. The muscle which controls the thumb burn and feel electric
I was wondering if anyone else strange suffered from these fasticulations?
I am worried that it could be ALS. Which is illogical but with the vast list of symptoms, you always assume it's some other awful disease.

I dread the thoughts of going back to school. I do not resonate well with the others in class because of my interests and I feel as if the syndromes will make me a liability in the eyes of fellow students. Although, if they really do see me that way it just shows their lack of maturity and wishful ignorance.

Thank you for listening.
Kindest regards,
L <3

Welcome..and yes I have the twitching .my thumb did it for 3 months day in day out ,u will find it moves. One day your hand will be fine and you leg might start.
I have to ask what interests do u have that other students don't?.
I had OAB and it's not fun. U can have Meds to stop u peeing alright.mi e was oxybutin .really helped.and u no what after five years of living hell with it .once I stopped the stress it stopped .to long a story to tell. But ask the Dr u don't need to suffer.x

the electric shocking is the nerves that travel throug the muscles.
i have this and the pins and needles and numbness that go with that. try gabapentin, that seams to help reduce the numbness and the pins and needles.
im on 1800 mg a day. start at a low dose and work up from there. go to the neurologist for this.. do the get ready for work process that i posted in my family member has fribro how can i help thread.

you can do the school if you reconize the signs your body is putting out. do the tapping technique at school to help you through each day.
come home from school and jump in a hot shower and do breathing exercises. do as the thread and posts say and you will be able to cope with the people and school work.

good luck. you can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back