Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2002
Country
CA
State
Northwest Territories
I have been through hell and back with the debilitating pain of fibro and the fatigue. I couldn't work, get out of bed to take care of my kids, going to the bathroom took all my effort. I ended up on T3's, and a crazy dose of gabapentin, morphine and tramadol. I ended up staying on this for years, but one day I forgot to take my a.m. meds that I would take an hour before I got out of bed otherwise I couldn't. I noticed that I had pain but not as intense. So I ended up just not taking my morning dosage for the next couple of weeks. I was feeling pretty good and so I decided to go talk to my doctor and we worked on slowly reducing my medications over the next 6 months. I ended up within 7 months only needing ibuprofen to manage but it did take me a lot longer to build up my stamina. In that time I did learn very quickly just how much I could push myself. Within the last 8 months I have been in complete denial. It is back and it is getting really bad very quickly. I have been working full time for the last 8 years and I have been pushing myself to my limits...working 70+ hours a week. I have felt so good though and then I got sick and ever since then I can hardly work 40 hours a week. I have been calling in sick which is horrible. I feel guilty, frustrated and angry for letting people down. My husband is amazing and he doesn't care if I have to stop working. I am now living in the Arctic circle, and getting to see a good, qualified doctor with a working knowledge of Fibromyalgia is impossible. Long story short...I just don't know what I should do. Flying out from this remote village is very costly but I would if I could find a doctor that would work with me. So disheartening.

Its weird how.It comes and goes. I have been going downhill for about 5 uears and was recently diagnosed with fibro. I.can imagine where you live is very challenging.

Yeah it is unpredictable. I thought I had it beat even though I knew in the back of my mind it would be with me for life. I think I will just have to go back down south and deal with the reality. It is a very frustrating illness. Having said that, today fibro is acknowledged whereas with my mom it was looked at like she was making the symptoms up. My husband just said tonight that the hardest thing for me to do is to actually accept my limitations again because I have been doing so well for so long. I will come to terms with it, not like I have much choice when I can hardly move without searing pain. Ah well...perhaps it will subside again. Trying to be positive. You say you were just diagnosed? Are you on any type of treatment? My thoughts are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back