Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
One of my symptom in fibro is hypohidrosis , I really can't sweat at all normally. The only time I sweat is during my night sweat caused by sleep anxiety and sleep disturbance. Or just a feeling of sweating because my hair pores are being force opening to release heat on top of my head while eating hot chili peppers, (that's why I eat them to relieve migraine).

Although it's sounds good for the reason of no body odor or no underarm sweat problem like other normal people. I can't relieve heat out of my body through my skin. I can easily get heatstroke plus panic attack from it. Another word, it could very well be the symptom that can kill me during summer heat ( literally).

I wonder if all other fibro people who suffer from the heat similar way like I do also maybe hypohidrosis? Cause I get painful burning skin mostly on the knees and joints first then the forearms and thighs, back side and neck, chests from times to time and hips. I panting like a dog when it happen which cause me to hyperventilating and that's why I can easily get panic attack from it. I usually wipes my self with cold water towels, I recently learn how to use cold shower or cold bath in the correct way which is lukewarm first then slowly turn to cold. Otherwise I would sometime ended up with a summer cold fever if I'm not careful. So since I can't sweat , high temperature fever will happen very easily with me. I can't take medication for it since it cause dry mouth , and dry mouth with me mean continuingly episode of panic attack during awake and during sleep so ice packs, ice bath , ice towels would probably have to do for now.

Does these sound familiar to you?

The tests for Hypohidrosis involving electro zapping ( or see if you pores can produce sweat) and pick your skin off for skin biopsy ( they'll cut you) . So if waiting for this test is making you sweat then good news! You might not have Hypohidrosis

Last edited:
Hello! I also experience something like this. I find that i get very hot in the heat or while running around at work, but I dont sweat. Instead, i feel tight chested and when i raise my arms a bit to punch in orders (im a server) they get extremely tired and i feel like i cant catch my breath. This makes it very hard in the summer and at work but the only thing ive found to work is ice water, and lots of it. Ive always just though that this is a part of fibro, maybe i should bring it up to my doctor?

The thing is i do sweat, but more so when i'm nervous or down with a fever, but i don't seem to sweat when im hot to cool myself down. But i usually reach a point a couple hours in when i sweat a little bit and i find some relief.

You should Talk to your doctor. It's not that uncommon. I've alway been the type that doesn't sweat a lot growing up but I did sweat before. With fibro on full blown strength I completely stop sweating. It's like I was cooking my self in the oven. Skin rash can happen but since it gets extremely itchy and stingy like lots of ants were biting me at the same spot , I normally hurry up and ice it before the rash breakout. Cool scent like peppermint, eucalyptus, menthol, I use a lot to claim me down before so I can drag my self to the nearby cooling destination. I can't get close to other people skin ( can't get a hug :cry: ) cause I was too hot! So mentally hug xoxo. Please stay cool.:cool:

Thanks! I will forsure bring it up! Especially because it's effecting me at work. I really hope that you can find some form of relief!

Good luck! ☺️

I think most relieve are not hard to find , but to doing it while it's happening is tough to get it right. Sometimes it hit like a heart attack and my mind has gone completely blank I've forgotten what I should do. ( also bad fibro often hit at the same time) So if I'm at home I written on the board on the wall of what I should do first . They are selling the instant ice cold wrap ( without ice) you can buy in a small roll for when You're outside. I'm also thinking of buying the ice jacket with ice pack pockets from back to front. Or just make one.

One of my symptom in fibro is hypohidrosis , I really can't sweat at all normally. The only time I sweat is during my night sweat caused by sleep anxiety and sleep disturbance. Or just a feeling of sweating because my hair pores are being force opening to release heat on top of my head while eating hot chili peppers, (that's why I eat them to relieve migraine).

Although it's sounds good for the reason of no body odor or no underarm sweat problem like other normal people. I can't relieve heat out of my body through my skin. I can easily get heatstroke plus panic attack from it. Another word, it could very well be the symptom that can kill me during summer heat ( literally).

I wonder if all other fibro people who suffer from the heat similar way like I do also maybe hypohidrosis? Cause I get painful burning skin mostly on the knees and joints first then the forearms and thighs, back side and neck, chests from times to time and hips. I panting like a dog when it happen which cause me to hyperventilating and that's why I can easily get panic attack from it. I usually wipes my self with cold water towels, I recently learn how to use cold shower or cold bath in the correct way which is lukewarm first then slowly turn to cold. Otherwise I would sometime ended up with a summer cold fever if I'm not careful. So since I can't sweat , high temperature fever will happen very easily with me. I can't take medication for it since it cause dry mouth , and dry mouth with me mean continuingly episode of panic attack during awake and during sleep so ice packs, ice bath , ice towels would probably have to do for now.

Does these sound familiar to you?

The tests for Hypohidrosis involving electro zapping ( or see if you pores can produce sweat) and pick your skin off for skin biopsy ( they'll cut you) . So if waiting for this test is making you sweat then good news! You might not have Hypohidrosis

Thanks Tipnatee for mentioning your experience with sweating. My experience is so different. But I've made a point to tell my doctor about my sweating and they do the " in one ear and out the other thing " They don't even ask: "Hmmm, can you tell me more about that....?" Nope. They just allow me to say it but they do nothing about finding out more, asking questions, digging for details so it is a non-issue for the most part.

So now that you mentioned it I will ramble a little about it here now and see if anyone else can relate. In fact I have wondered if this notion that Fibro is mostly a Female disease if there exists a difference between the way that men are effected and the way that women are effected?

So for me I noticed going back a long time now that the smallest of actions results in a soaking. I have changed my T-shirts 5 to 8 times while I am working. The smallest activity leads to a drenching. I also noticed that my smell has changed which I've attempted to stress to the doctors. They ignore the feedback. There have been a few times that I am so soaked that it is near impossible to pull my t-shirt overe my head so there is a pattern of rip marks where my thumb goes through the shirt. I have also had a chance to ring it out and collect an amount of sweat that equals about a 1/4 or a cup of sweat/

I do other tests with the sweat mostly because it is so abnormally much. I noticed how salty it is so when it dries on a tshirt it leaves a white ring along the edge where it dries. I also noticed if it gets into my eye's it burns like ACID. I've been looking into ways to record the PH.
I've been keeping a journal on the number of time I urinate to see if there is a connection of some significant amount to report to the doctors, I'm also keeping a journal about my liquid intake.

I would think that the doctors would WANT this data. One doctor said: "OH WOW!" when I showed him pictures that I took over a 24 hour period of time. But,
:OH WOW " lead to oh nothing.

Wouldn't it be helpful and interesting if a doctor or more dropped in here to read what HB's wrote about and then they wrote back and commented on what they may want to know more about.

I sure would like to see that happen so all of my data could be reviewed and the number crunched. Since I am not a doctor or a scientist everything I do is an experiment and a data collection.

My thoughts are that this is a great collection of information to let it go by without asking more about MY EXPERIENCES AND DATA COLLECTION>

Let's see if anyone reads this and asks.

Thanks Tip for starting this thread!

Wait til you hear about the dreams!

I am actually one of those who does not sweat much unless of course it is 90 degree weather in August. Even then I do not sweat like most people but I do get dehydrated very easily and carry water with me where ever I go. I would much rather be cool then overly hot, but again with fibro it seems our bodies need to be warm to ward off those terrible muscle cramps. I really don't think there is much that can be done about it other then watching out that we do not put ourselves in a place or temp's that could cause personal harm.

I too have had same issue for the majority of my life. It was not until one of my doctors, rhuematoid dr figured out that I also had raynaud's (constantly cold-chilled to the bones) and put me on a medicine to make my blood pressure higher since it was chronically low that I actually started to sweat! I still get cold and don't sweat like a normal person when I am inside but I live in Florida so I actually started to sweat this year and could not believe it! That is the only symptom I have had relief from though unfortunately.

I am really familar with this.

Huh! I never thought of this as an issue before. I'm red-headed and fair-skinned with sking with tiny pores, so I just always assume that was why I didn't sweat well. At night though, I get quite slick, so I CAN sweat, apparently. I've always overheated easily but only gotten very slightly sweaty, so there's no relief from the heat. My husband, meawhile, pours sweat and is perfectly comfortable. I used to also get cold to the point that I could only warm up if I submerged in a hot bath. Now I'm pretty much hot all the time.

I know right? I was shocked about the hypohidrosis my self. Here I am can't even break a sweat in any mostly the normal to dry heat maybe some heavy humid heat I might be able to feel lightly sticky but mostly from the humidity it self ( which normally by that time I'm already sticking my head in the freezer) My body temperature kept rising up to the point where I have to submerged my self in the ice tub screaming in the icy water just to keep my temperature on my skin under control and kept me from the heat stroke like situation. But during cold or under freezing sensation I have deep inside my bone or my lowest of blood pressure especially during sleep anxiety do to los if crazy dream I usually gets , I sweat!! . What in the heck is that?? I'm not quite understanding it at all! :confused: I mean I have to holding hot pepper flakes in my mouth to force my pores around the back of my head to open sometime to release heat . I can feel my pore expanding and letting out something that feeling like smoking heat coming out from the back of my head and shooting out from inside my ears but no liquid whatsoever! :shock: I mean that's hot pepper ok? I can only imagining my sweating just thinking about it but there's none whatsoever!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back