Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
I have such pain and stiffness all over my body. There is no position and no place in my home where I can feel physically comfortable. I'm having increasing difficulty walking. I'm afraid. I long for a hot bath, which might be somewhat helpful, but I am unable to clean out the family tub to have a bath and following my bath. I wish I had a personal jaccuzi or hot tub. I bought an inflatable tub online, which seemed ok at first, but it was so hard and time-consuming and energy-sapping to empty and then deflate and dry it out afterward...forget about cleaning it!

Has anyone found a hot soak to be helpful, or to be harmful? Also, does anyone have any suggestions that may help me?

Thank you!
J

Can you put a hose/sprayer attachment on your tub faucet? My tub is newer and has one built in, so after a bath, I spray it out really well with the attachment. You could spray and vinegar/water solution and then rinse it out with the sprayer. If that won't work, maybe the vinegar/water spray and then use a water-filled sponge to squeeze along the sides to rinse? Then occasionally use one of those toxic but highly efficient cleaning sprays and rinse well. Not ideal enivronmentally, but I do use them occassionally (and i'm lucky enough to have a cleaner to help me). Needs must. Just rinse really well so you're not getting any one your skin.

If the bath allows it, you can put a sturdy, yet light (plastic) stool in there and sit while you shower. You can shower for as long as you want, the heat, the steam will help you loosen up. I also love to use shower gels that smell real good - I find scents put me in a better mood, make me feel relaxed and clean.

On the rare occasion I do go on holiday, I also try to splurge on a hotel room with a nice tub. Warm water works like magic!

Thank you, Marvis and Vickythecat. I am going to try the vinegar rinse after my bath and the more commercial cleaner before (as the tub is shared with my two sons!). I will try a long scrubber or sponge if I don't have to scrub too hard. I think I also deserve a night every now and then at a hotel with a nice soaker tub.
Thank you, again. I value your suggestions.
Best to you both!

Hi yes a bath is so great I put lectic soda and Epsom salts in mine and I also found some magnesium bath balls so nice while your in water its heaven. There are battery operated cleaners out there with a long handle so you don't have to bend. Hope this helps x

How old are your boys? Maybe that can be their job? After a quick spritz with vinegar, they can wipe it down for you with a sponge. Put those boys to work!!! ;)

Oh! Magnesium bath balls?! Battery operated cleaners??! Great...I'm going to look into those. Thanks Nellie :)

Hi Marvis, my boys are 18 and 11. I've been having them do more to keep the house as tidy as possible, but....well, they are not the most diligent (to put it nicely) and when it comes to the tub, I'm better off not relying on them, lol!

I hate bath tub cleaning that's why I keep my bath product as pure as possible also a shower before can be good thing so when you soak you won't need any soap in your tub. I use Dead Sea salt bath ( with magnesium, potassium, calcium) by Westlab brand which I found to be the most helpful during pains , spasm, restless legs, etc . Cause sometime just epsom salt won't cut it . Plus Dead Sea salt Bath will leave no clean up mess afterward cause it completely melted in water .

If you don't have that then a hardware store should carry clear plastic protected sheet and cover your whole tub with it and fill them up with water , after you done with your bath just poke a whole through the drain and drain your tub completely, then just pull the sheet off and you don't need any cleaning.

Sometime I also add baking soda and aspirin ( cheap round aspirin tablets very easy dissolve in water) cause baking soda soothing while cleaning my skin pore keep ph balance while aspirin ( which is salicylic acid) dissolving my dead skin. Baking soda also keep salicylic acid from getting too acidic. Our dead skin sometime accumulating toxic build up from inside and outside of our body, having it melt away and easier to scrub can be very soothing and your mineral salt bath can also penetrate your skin much easier too.

Last edited:
OH MY GOSH!!!
Thank you! :D

You're welcome ;) hope you'll have a good bath.

Hello, Tipnatee N...
I'm not sure if I'm sending this correctly to you, but I was just wondering how many aspirin tablets do you add to the bath?
Thanks!

Depend on how big of the tub , I usually toss in a small hand full of very cheap aspirin tablet in to tub water , If I have to guess I'll say from 5 tablets with around 1/2 cup of baking soda, or 10 tablets with around 1 cup of baking soda . And let the aspirin tablet frizzy out their acid in baking soda under water first for a few second before I add anything else. It's the same idea of bath bomb but in the smaller scale of frizziness.

I hope the water therapy works on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back