Not open for further replies.

barbiesnemesis

Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
uk
State
sussex
I'm on a university course studying to be an occupational therapist. I've worked so hard to get this far and its what I really want to do. My problem is the fibro is really bad; the pain and exhaustion have really taken over (and its only year one). As its a professional course certain things are expected of you like resilience and taking responsibility for yourself. I've tried really hard to do this and been really proactive in trying to get help but the more I do the more exhausted I become and now I seem to have hit a brick wall. I don't want to do anything, feel really tearful and have missed my first placement. I can feel my dream slipping away and don't know what to do....

Sorry for moaning but I don't have any people who understand what its like x

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I am glad you are working toward your Occupational Therapy degree. My sister had MS, she died a couple years ago, and our OT was sent from heaven.
OT is a very physical job and requires a lot of energy. I can imagine it is very tough. I pray you are able to finish because we need good OTs in this world. With what you are experiencing, you will be able to relate to your patients. It will mean a great deal to them.
I am a nurse. I have always tried my best to take care of my patients. I think, if that were me, what care would I want? Now that I have chronic illnesses myself, my empathy toward people has made me the best nurse I can be.
The exhaustion you are feeling along with the pain is to me the worst part of Fibromyalgia.
Do you take anything for your fibromyalgia? Also, what about for depression?
My dr has recently put me on Ritalin for fatigue. It has certainly helped.

Please feel free to moan anytime you want! That is why we are here. We KNOW what you are going through. Besides, you will be able to giv others support when they need to vent.

Best wishes

So sorry to hear fibro is doing this to you, I know how hard it is, but please don't lose hope! I believe that as long as we are able to walk, talk and move... we can still make our dreams come true. You just have to put a lot more effort than the others, but in the end I think everything will be just ok. Just try to be positive, and I'm sure things wil get just better and when you least expect it... you will have finished your course and your dream will be a reality.

Don't worry about moaning, we are here for that... you can moan as much as you want :) I really hope you feel better soon. Just try to be more positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back