Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
OH
Hello all. I have developed bad spasms in my fingers and hands. My doctor said she has only known one other person with this issue and there is nothing she can do. Should I go to my family doctor with this? Is there anything I can do? It is making it real hard to do my job.any help appreciated.

I don't know about spasms specifically, but I lost motion in both of my hands due to arthritis. I had so much inflammation that my wrists couldn't bend them. I also had DeQuarvains, if I'm spelling it right, which is inflammation of the sheething around my thumb tendon. It was incredibly painful! I also had a couple ganglion cysts that struggled to go away.

So what worked for me was seeing an occupational therapist 3x a week for a couple months. Between braces, steroids, massage, therapy, and stretching exercises at home I was able to get my hands back. Occupational therapists are specifically trained to work on hands and arms.

I still had inflammation trouble though, and so I decided to do whatever I could to fight it so I didn't get the problem again. I cut out all gluten and dairy. It helped a lot back then! I now know a lot better that starch and sugar are actually what cause my inflammation, and after totally eliminating both from my diet I hardly have any inflammation issues anymore.

I know my situation isn't the same, but it may be similar enough to help you find answers.

Do go to the doctor. You won't be sure what condition you have unless you go to a doctor. Then, you will be diagnosed with something. But you can also just lack some D vitamin or Magnesium.

I'm hoping that you are taking a magnesium supplement. Also are you on muscle relaxers?

You should try the advice from the forum. Then, if your legs still hurt, go to a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back